Best small lift/stand for Scottish TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best small lift/stand for Scottish TE

Now that I am more acquainted with my new TE I am looking for a good/cheap workshop lift or stand which will take the bike up to an appreciable working level. Could anyone recommend a specific make or type. I want something that is not too heavy or bulky (or pricey)
    Thanks

Have you access to some old pallets? My pal made a good one from reclaimed wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      Have you access to some old pallets? My pal made a good one from reclaimed wood.
      When I was young we used to use milk crates etc, these days I need a bit of extra help with lifting bikes

Comment

I have a plan of a tilting plank type stand somewhere, again made from wood. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

From an obviously American source. The wording and plans will blow up to be readable.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Brian,
            Thats a great project - just studying the instructions now

Comment

My only reservation is when getting the bike down. You will need to get it well forward and kick the ramp out to the "load / unload" position.

Comment

Lift

Hi, I have an hydraulic lift which I have used for a couple of years so far and have found it ideal for working on:- firstly my CX500[sold],then to restore my Griffon and at the moment has my Bantam on it. Not expensive but well made, reliable with hydraulic action to raise, foot pedal to lower and safety bar to allow bike to be safely held in raised positon. Ebay 321230813338. [I think they sell a lesser capacity lift at a cheaper price, but it's better to a higher capacity].Recommended if you're old like me!!....................starider

Comment

£25 ok for you? How about this.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/warrior-sts...18#UserReviews

I have a couple of this type; very useful, easy to use, easy to stow away. Stick it in the boot of the car if you are going on a trial..... I have the big hydraulic benches too, for bigger bikes, but they do take up quite some space.

Comment

Working...
                  X