Air Filter Foam/Sponge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filter Foam/Sponge

I hear it is possible to purchase foam/sponge in sheets to fit inside an air filter, (cut your own to size) the type I am looking for has two grades of foam
    bonded together, larger graded holes, and smaller ones, back to back, anyone
    know where I can purchase some.

Sprocket.

You used to be able to buy it a sheet from Sammy Miller's (01425 616446) so I would try there first.

I also did a v. quick search on this interweb-thingy and found some on

or this from ebay

talking of ebay - why are many Villiers parts described as 'very rare' when most of us know that one phone call to Simon Bateman or Villiers Services has the parts in the post to us the same day...
    Last edited by mickmetcalfe; 23/06/2010, 09:32 AM. Reason: additional supplier information added

Comment

'very rare' read expensive they hope.
      regards
      merlin

Comment

Villiwers Air filters

The correct elements for Villiers air filters are gauze with felt impregnated, not sure if you can still get them new, Villiers Services maybe or try auto jumbles for new old stock. Not sure foam is suitable owing to restricted space.

Comment

They have just made a batch of air filters for the East Coaster so surely they should have the filter medium.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
            The correct elements for Villiers air filters are gauze with felt impregnated, not sure if you can still get them new, Villiers Services maybe or try auto jumbles for new old stock. Not sure foam is suitable owing to restricted space.
            Foam is very suitable as long as you dont put so much in there that it gets compressed and therefore restricts air flow. Also, dont over oil it as this can block it too.

The foam should also have the advantage of giving better filtration compared to the gauze. Well worth it to protect your investment. After all, if the gauze was better it would surely still be standard fitment on many vehicles.

For authenticity, there may be a K+N filter element that can be adapted to fit a Villiers housing. They are of gauze construction over a cotton liner.

One point though, my thinking may be clouded by the fact that all the 9E/32A Villiers filters I have are just gauze with no felt impregnation except for a couple of discs to seal of the filter against the casing. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
            X