STOLEN from Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN from Essex

The ex-Dave Orbell MX3 has been stolen from it's new owner in Tollesbury Marina, Essex. The shout has gone out over most of the usual social media and I have recommended that it is put over a local social page covering the area. Much of the bike is very special and recognisable, so we hope the scum realise this and dump it PDQ! Dave's photos show his number 744, but the new owner has race number 728. Has a Preston Petty front guard and a custom made exhaust end.
    Frame number 24MX3D1138. Engine number GPA5 967. Gearbox 107 CC583 SP3 16/66 Also stamped Made in England!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 26/04/2018, 10:57 AM.

£500 Reward now offered..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 30/04/2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

With engines making well over £1000 I would think you would need a larger reward to entice someone to help get it returned.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        With engines making well over £1000 I would think you would need a larger reward to entice someone to help get it returned.
        Good point Tony, personally, i think offering rewards encourages these morons to steal in the first place & the chances are, that you are going to pay the reward to the little pr**k that stole it.
        But how high do you go to recover your p&d, £1000, is a good chunk towards replacing the stolen bike, not the point i know, but until we bring back hanging for going out with intent to steal a motorcycle, then its only going to get worse.............what!

Comment

I agree Dave, there are toe rags with the intent to steal everywhere. I had yet more machinery stolen from a work site last Friday. Another 800 quid down the swanny. Me and the lads have a running bet when we see a likely looking van. How long will it take for it to reappear driving past at slow speed, with the passenger casing our worksite for anything they can nick. And guess what - they nearly always reappear. Depressing

Comment

Trouble is when they are caught,it's usually more or less a slapped wrist,sometimes a fine[which they never pay] or a suspended sentence of a few months, which means they can go back on the steal straight away. It's my opinion[for what it's worth] that all thieving b.......s should be given a long jail sentence. There is no deterrent. Also these little t...s who damage property should be made to pay money for repairs,not community service which doesn't recompense the victim!...................starider

Comment

You are bang on Starider. Absolutely no deterrent comes from the police or the courts. In case anyone out there thinks these are occasional and unplanned crimes, think again. We are being watched all the time. These are 'professionals' who target areas and watch our daily patterns. I was done again on Tuesday - 10.30 in the morning when I was out at work they broke into my garage. (twice in a week must be a record). Looking at the damage, it looks like they used a cut-off saw. Once in, they set off the alarm and I guess grabbed what was to hand and scarpered. A neighbour heard the alarm but didn't bother checking it out. I consider myself lucky to have only lost a box of tools and a socket set.

However, they have now seen what is in the garage, and that makes me very nervous. I suspect I will have another visit soon. I chain things together as a matter of course, but just spent another 180 quid on new locks and shackles. Truly depressing.

Comment

Pretty much mirrors my own experience, except that I haven't had that "second visit" ............ not yet, anyway? To obviate that, I was panicked into selling the only other valuable bike in the garage, my beloved Vale Onslow Hawkstone, for fear that it too was on their shopping list, and I made sure to "advertise" the fact that it had been sold on social media ............ which I suspect had a lot to do with being targeted in the first place. There is no way of stopping the perpetrators, in my opinion, you can only slow them down a bit with security measures.

Comment

Build more jails therefore creating construction jobs and helping the economy. Then jail every crook and burglar thats caught for minimum two years. They will soon get the message.
                  Some people might say that will not rehabilitate the offenders etc etc etc blah blah. As long as they are off the street it will be a better place. if they re-offend just put them back inside for longer. its their choice. This may even strengthen the moral of the police knowing that when they catch someone they would not be let off lightly.

So, how do we change the law ??

Comment

An online petition perhaps? I understand the police will not now pursue shop lifters if the goods stolen are below a certain value! how ridiculous is that? open season for these toe rags. There doesn't need to be a mass building of prisons,there are lots of ships being scrapped, anchor these off shore and use them as prison ships.Perhaps not but it's an idea..................starider

Comment

Originally posted by starider View Post
                      Trouble is when they are caught,it's usually more or less a slapped wrist,sometimes a fine[which they never pay] or a suspended sentence of a few months, which means they can go back on the steal straight away. It's my opinion[for what it's worth] that all thieving b.......s should be given a long jail sentence. There is no deterrent. Also these little t...s who damage property should be made to pay money for repairs,not community service which doesn't recompense the victim!...................starider
                      You obviously don't understand why the legal system exists.Its nothing to do with innocence or guilt.Its a game originating in public schools for debating that pays lawyers a minimum of £6 per minute.If the guilty is sentenced to a long term then the lawyers cannot go to court as often and "earn" obscene amounts of money.The poor police have to treat it as a game when the guilty go free.The politicians wont spend the money building prisons and so they tell the judges what sentences they can pass.If you really wanted to cut crime ( which would cut the legal systems earnings and the police costs) you would build more basic prisons and keep doubling re-offenders sentences.This would stop career criminals as they would be in prison longer.Sadly the system is still like the strawmen of old who would say anything in court for money.They were identified by straw in their boots.I have only seen one honest lawyer and that was a pub in Scunthorpe. Rant over !!!!!!

Comment

I have three mx bikes insured with peter james, it costs about £20 per bike, per annum & that includes fire & theft at home & theft or accidental damage whilst at an event, providing the bike was in the van at the time......how cheap is that!
                        Ok, its not gonna stop your bike getting stolen, but it does give you a good payout should the need arise, insurance, plus common sense are your best tools.

Comment

All great points lads, respect, for the fellow man , and themselves is now extinct with these cretins knowing that they can do what they want , and be as offensive as they like to the police , and all of us.

Watching the police programs on television , interceptors etc we can see what a hopeless state we are in, all the do gooders and there like will have little or no impact on turning round offenders.

Only a strong change in deterrents , no matter what that form can take even if we go back with punishments that were used 60 years ago , because respect for parents, the community, one another, does not apply to them ,

Comment

Result!!

The Challenger is now recovered and back with its rightful owner.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                              The Challenger is now recovered and back with its rightful owner.
                              Thats great news john.....thanks for posting....

Comment

Working...
                              X