Villiers 32A Con Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers 32A Con Rod

Work continues on my Greeves but dismantling the engine finds it full of a thick sludge that has attacked the main bearings. I had not seen anything like it before as the rollers looked like small holes had been drilled into them.

No problem for the main bearings as these are easily replaced.

Although the big end had no play as a precaution I took it to an engineering shop to be pressed apart. The same has happened to the big end with pitting meaning I need a new big end pin, rollers, and con rod.

Villiers Services don't list a rod for the 32A so I've emailed Alpha. Is there anyone else I can try for a rod and big end?

Regards, Peter.

I'd be surprised if Villiers Services didn't have a rod kit for a 32A - send them an email to check.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

Alpha will most likely refer you back to Villiers Services.

Comment

Many years ago my rod was sent to a GRA member, who was able to hone out the bigend eye, machine up a new pin and oversized rollers.
        It took around week turnaround, and I live in Australia.
        Cant remember the Members name.
        The letter enclosed said, If this is as you wanted, please send xxx pounds to me at xxxxx.
        whitehillbilly

Comment

Give Steve at Villiers Services a ring. A week ago at Telford, he said he had plenty of rods. Rob

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies.
            No reply from Alpha yet.
            Steve at Villiers has replied and offered an exchange unit.
            I sent him close up photos of the rod big end and he has advised this should be suitable for exchange.
            So looks like I have a solution.

Regards,

Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X