1964 Essex tank badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Essex tank badges

Can anyone tell me where to get the right tank badges for the fibreglass tank on this bike and what type they should be

Essex badges.

I own a 1964 Essex,the badges are oval cast alloy. Available from Paul www.cottonvilliersspares.co.uk[/url] He advertises in Leading Link I hope this helps.

Comment

Pictures attached. The GRA does stickers of that badge and they are readily available from the Regalia Officer.

Can't say I've ever seen an alloy one for sale...
      Attached Files
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Essex Badges

They are about, Dave Deacon lent a pair of original badges to someone, who knew someone, (think you get the message !) However a batch were made, and to an excellent standard. Suggest you get on to the Cambridge Crew.

Rob.

Comment

How are they attached to the tank? You can't really screw to a fibreglass tank wall and in any case no screw heads are evident. I guess they must be glued on?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Aluminium badges

Both Essesx and DCX models were fitted with these simple sandcast badges. Made of course in the factory foundry.

In the early days of the club there were lots of reproductions made. The front face was linished and polished. Some were also produced with the lettering filled in with paint. Normal means of fixing was Araldite.

Difficult to tell an original these days.

Phil

Comment

Cotton spares

These badges are still made !

on this site
              http://www.cottonvilliersspares.co.uk/castings.html

regards gary

i have dcx ones made ! [/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]
              Last edited by greeves246; 01/06/2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: change caracter

Comment

Please don't shout Gary.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

ok

ok colin i over estimated the size of caracter

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                    How are they attached to the tank? You can't really screw to a fibreglass tank wall and in any case no screw heads are evident. I guess they must be glued on?
                    i had a original tank greeves scratched the surface (like keying a car)
                    then looks like they used 2 pack epoxy to secure to the tank

gary

Comment

Working...
                    X