Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 Hawkstone Front dampers-does anyone know a source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Hawkstone Front dampers-does anyone know a source?

In reassembling the banana forks I find no damping in the two front dampers. Does anyone know where I can get a pair to replace them as I believe they are not refurbishable? I think they are 350 mm length and 120mm travel. b44mike@yahoo.co.uk or 01242 574599.
    Mike

Try doing a 'search' before posting!!!

Hi Mike,

This topic has been covered before on here...

I have also typed out the following instructions for using the forum 'search' facility before as well....lots of times.... Tips on using the forum can be found in the 'FAQ' section-see the tab on the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you click on the 'search' tab on the toolbar at the top of the forum page, leave 'threads' selected and then type in 'fork dampers', it will display all threads with 'fork dampers' either in the title or text. The one at the bottom of the list that comes up ('Fork Bushes and Dampers') contains the contact info you are after. Here's a direct link to that thread to save you the trouble-scroll back up to the top of the page when you get there; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ampers#post941

Incidently Mike, I have recently heard rumblings of discontent on here amongst the GRA membership (which is emphatically NOT the same thing as GRA forum membership!) and talk of limiting access to help and advice for 'basic users'. I note from your profile that you registered on the forum back in July 2010, so I was naturally wondering if you had joined the club by now? If so, you need to contact Rob and get your forum membership upgraded to 'GRA Member'.

No offence Mike, but if you haven't decided to join, please bear in mind that it's GRA club members that pay for the forum and give their time, experience and knowledge freely to help fellow Greeves enthusiasts. No club means no forum, and let's not forget that it was set up primarily for the use and enjoyment of GRA members and to encourage people to get involved.

Sorry if it seems that I'm singling you out here Mike, as I know there are many other basic users who own Greeves bikes currently enjoying the benefits of the forum without doing the right thing and joining the club, despite all the additional benefits full membership brings. It just seemed like a good opportunity to make the point (again....)

Anyway, I hope you find the info on fork dampers useful, also the info we gave you previously on getting your tank dull chromed/blasted etc.

Brian.

Comment

1958 Hawkstone Front dampers

I did actually do a Search before I posted. Had not stumbled on the previous one which covered it.
      I really appreciate being directed to NJB. Also for the info on the tank which is unfortunately still bright chrome. Have not found the man who knows how to convert that into a sateen type finish -I am sure he told me it was via Aqua Blasting.

Comment

Working...
      X