Tank badge screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank badge screws

Can anyone point me in the direction of a retailer who sells the cheese headed 1/8 BSW screw which fixes the Greeves name plate to a roadster tank?

Thanks

Tank Badge Screws.

Hi Ivor, and welcome aboard the forum.

I've taken the liberty of moving your post to here, as it's more of a 'parts sourcing' question. Hope that's ok, and thanks for the post.

The screws you need for aluminium cast tank badges (as fitted to many Greeves models) are actually known as 'Instrument Head' (slightly domed head and countersunk), and the full spec is;

1/8" BSW x 3/8" 40TPI.

The ones I sourced needed cutting down to length; I used a Dremel with a cutting disc for a neat result. Check the length is correct first though! I used a match to poke down the hole, and also found it's worth running a tap down the threads in the tank to clean 'em up a bit. (Note; A 'plug' tap is better than the 'taper' type of course, as it gets right to the last few threads, often where the dirt has been compacted.)

I've heard that BSA Bantam tank badge screws are a spot-on match, but can't confirm it. In any case, both chrome plated and stainless screws of this spec are out there with a bit of digging. You could try the following suppliers;

'Surplus Supplies' (stainless fasteners, etc.) 01636 636735.
    'Discount Stainless' 0161 286 1534.
    'Acme Stainless' 01526 861991.

Hope this helps Ivor, and that you manage to track some down.

Cheers,

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/05/2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Tank Badge Screws.

Hi Ivor,

I noticed that you'd picked up my reply and was wondering if you'd had any luck finding those screws?

Brian.

Comment

Tank badge screws

Dear Brian

Many thanks for the info. Was able to get stainless screws from Surplus Supplies. They were very helpful.

Kind regards,

Ivor

Comment

A pleasure Ivor, and very pleased to hear that you managed to find some.

Thanks for the update, and the handy info.

Kind regards,

Brian.

Comment

Working...
          X