No announcement yet.

Greeves Alloy Tank Badge Infill Colour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Alloy Tank Badge Infill Colour.

Paul Lickman was in touch via PM today to ask if I knew the correct colour to do the infills on his alloy tank badges. I'd always assumed, from looking at the (as far as I can tell 'original' and unmolested) badges on my TCS that it was good old Moorland Blue. However, I've also seen some that were black-Paul's are red. Does anyone please know the definitive answer to pass on to Paul?

I've attached a pic below of one of the tank badges I restored to display as part of my Greeves badge collection (See; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=1064.) After cleaning up and polishing, I infilled the lettering with three coats of Humbrol 'Oxford Blue' (from my modelling box!), which I think looks quite acceptable. After drying, I then polished off the excess paint with a fine rubber grit block to clean up the edges, before finishing off with a dab of Solvol to bring back the shine and a final coat of Humbrol clear varnish. I didn't bother taking all of the pits out of the alloy as I didn't want it too perfect!

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/11/2010, 10:36 PM. Reason: Pics added.

Badge infill

The East Coaster was black as were the Black police bikes. I think the infill colour of badge was the same as for the bike
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/11/2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X