Steering lock stops Scottish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering lock stops Scottish

Does anyone know where I can get the steering lock stops that will stop my cerianis denting the tank on full lock.
    I seem to remember them being hexagonal then cylindrically tapering. About 2.5 inches long? They fitted through the ally front frame.
    Any help appreciated
    Ken

Lock Stops.

Hi Ken, and a warm welcome to the forum.

I've attached a pic of the lock stops you describe for reference. I don't know if they varied from model to model, but a factory drawing might exist and if so you they could be fabricated from that.

We have no way of telling from your profile if you are or not, but GRA members of course have access to the factory drawing archives, and if you send Rob an email (contact details in 'LL') he might be able to help in supplying you with a copy of the relevant drawing if there is one.

Worth a shot I reckon.

Hope this helps.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/07/2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks Brian - They are the ones, Now all I need is someone who has a pair! Ken

Comment

Fork Lock Stops.

Ok Ken,

I've 'merged' your latest post with your original thread here, and deleted the two redundant post (as previously mentioned.)

I think that you may be looking for these items for some time......I still reckon your best option would be to contact Rob via the club and see if he's got a drawing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that one exists for these parts, and surely it's got to be worth trying...?

It looks a though they could be easily machined from a bit of ali hexagon bar of the right size (OD), turned down to a taper at one end, with a threaded mounting stub turned at the other (frame) end. You'll probably have to tap the frame to suit as well. The bar wouldn't cost much (available at most autojumbles), or if you want to go for mail order you could try;

Best of luck!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
        X