Greeves Scottish 20TA Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish 20TA Rebuild

Hi, I am commencing the rebuild of a 20TA Scottish (all nicely painted in Moorland Blue) and have, what must appear a simple question to you experienced bike builders. Having read that the build commences from the engine plates and obtained the correct size spacers, as per Brian Thompsons post of Jan 2015, I have commenced a loose build of the frame to ensure that everything fits.
    My question is when is the best time to fit the engine? Is it easier to fit the engine plates to the engine and then fit the plates to the frame or vice versa. Photographs of rebuilds posted on the forums would suggest the latter.
    Thanks Dave

Originally posted by Dave-Somerset View Post
    Hi, I am commencing the rebuild of a 20TA Scottish (all nicely painted in Moorland Blue) and have, what must appear a simple question to you experienced bike builders. Having read that the build commences from the engine plates and obtained the correct size spacers, as per Brian Thompsons post of Jan 2015, I have commenced a loose build of the frame to ensure that everything fits.
    My question is when is the best time to fit the engine? Is it easier to fit the engine plates to the engine and then fit the plates to the frame or vice versa. Photographs of rebuilds posted on the forums would suggest the latter.
    Thanks Dave
    I would fit the plates very loosely first with the spacers ,then the motor and finally tighten.Fit the rear stud through the engine plates before the engine bolts.

Comment

Working...
    X