Carburetor Connecting Boot (Griffon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Connecting Boot (Griffon)

I am trying to source a carb connecting boot (to the airbox) for my Griffon. Right now I am using a rubber plumbing reducer (suggested by Ken Sykes) and it works but it is a miserable job trying to get it on because the rubber is so thick. If you had to have the carb off on race day it wouldn't be good. So does anyone know where I can get either an original or another option. Ken says some people use a connector from a Maico, anyone doing this?

I tried to search this subject but nothing came up (I am not good at searching, sorry)

Hi johnu, my twinport griff had a maico rubber on, they fit well & look period, 250,400,440,490 models 1980 - 1982.......

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
      Hi johnu, my twinport griff had a maico rubber on, they fit well & look period, 250,400,440,490 models 1980 - 1982.......
      Perfect, thanks Dave What's the bike in your avatar, I'd like to see a full size image of that one?

Comment

Is this the one Dave, p/n343 http://www.socalmaico.com/fuel.html#airboot

Comment

Got the Maico boot on and it is perfect!

Comment

confirmation on air box boot

Hi Johnu and Dave,

I too need a new airbox boot. can I just confirm that it is p/n343 on the maico website that I need. Thanks in advance.

Paul

Comment

Paul, Terry Sewell has them, I think. Best check with him, but he told me that at the last meet where I was looking at his new Griffon airboxes that use the Metisse type foam filters.

Comment

Thanks Brian, I'll give him a call.

Comment

Working...
                X