Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Greeves Guru Frank Conley's Website.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Greeves Guru Frank Conley's Website.

Here's a link to Frank Conley's excellent Greeves website;

Have a look throught the photos section...you might spot one or two familiar faces...! (Nice Griffon Kenny!!!)

Brian.

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
    Here's a link to Frank Conley's excellent Greeves website;

Have a look throught the photos section...you might spot one or two familiar faces...! (Nice Griffon Kenny!!!)

Brian.
    Thanks Brian!

First time I shot metal flake too...don't look too close!

Kenny

Comment

A top job Kenny, the owner looks very proud.

That stuff is hard to spray.....the bigger the 'flakes' the more it 'sags' in the lacquer under gravity.....that tank must have been a nightmare!

Besides, it plays havoc with your 'equipment' too....the more you spray the more it enlarges the hole in yer 'nozzle'......YEEEOOOWWW!!!!

Brian.

Comment

A top job Kenny, the owner looks very proud.

That stuff is hard to spray.....the bigger the 'flakes' the more it 'sags' in the lacquer under gravity.....that tank must have been a nightmare!

Besides, it plays havoc with your 'equipment' too....the more you spray the more it enlarges the hole in yer 'nozzle'......YEEEOOOWWW!!!!

Brian.
        He was very happy Brian!

In the works is a 380 Griffon and a USA spec 24MX6.

Took me a couple tries on the flakes...and so many clear coats without any darn runs!

Kenny

Comment

Nice one Kenny!

Look forward to seeing some pics of them when you roll them out if poss!

That's the problem with those finishes isn't it-you literally have to bury the flakes in clear coat, otherwise it ends up feeling like sand paper! I had the same problem with a guitar I refinished for a friend a few years ago...took many coats and lots of time. Turned out ok though (it was a '76 Gibson 'Flying V' for the guitarists on here!)

Brian.

Comment

Nice one Kenny!

Look forward to seeing some pics of them when you roll them out if poss!

That's the problem with those finishes isn't it-you literally have to bury the flakes in clear coat, otherwise it ends up feeling like sand paper! I had the same problem with a guitar I refinished for a friend a few years ago...took many coats and lots of time. Turned out ok though (it was a '76 Gibson 'Flying V' for the guitarists on here!)

Brian.
            I can't play a guitar very well, but I would have a collection if I could...any Les Paul will do! I have a cheap copy!

I am thinking of painting it QUB gold flake!

Kenny

Comment

Don't get me started on guitars Kenny, for goodness sake.....!!!!

Anyway, Fireglow Gold is a perfect colour for a Les Paul!!!!!! Go for it! Let's RAWKKKKK!!!!!!!

Yes, there's been some great pics on Frank's site since I started viewing it. I've been following his 'Greeves Days' on there for a few years now and always look forward to the new pics he posts after each event. A while back of course, there was a few of our very own Colin Sparrow having a go in the trial, on your Pathfinder I believe...! (Something about it desperately needing a Triumph Tiger Cub engine fitting, or some such....?!!!)

Colin always speaks with great fondness and enjoyment of his time visiting you guys, and I don't doubt it for a single moment!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
              X