Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Greeves in an International Trial /(Enduro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Greeves in an International Trial /(Enduro)

OK....Pub Quiz time...
    When was the last time a Greeves was ridden in an International Trial i.e. Enduro type event?????

Well how about last weekend in Elba!
    Attached Files

.....looks more like it was being pushed......to McDonalds...????

Brian (the other one.)

Comment

Watford High Street, last weekend.....

M....does that translate as;

Girl with phone texting her mate......"I can't believe the bloke from the RAC has only just arrived....!!! I've been sat here waiting for five hours, and he says it's stuffed, it needs a new draw key, and he 'aint got one in his spares box....!!! Stuff this, I'm joining the AA....!!!! "

Brian.

Comment

Or.....

Works rider Enid Clagthorpe was always a stylish competitor, and her helper/PA 'Mario' was always on hand to take care of the menial jobs, like taking the bike to the jet wash while she negotiated yet another cover shoot for Vague Magazine....

Comment

il mio polpo vive in pattumiera.....

Originally posted by Marcelle34A
          Girl with phone shouts,

"non preoccuparti per il telaio rotto , ho trovato un venditore su ebay negli Stati Uniti che ha uno in vendita per soli 177 euro"

M
          Hi M,

Just translated it....much funnier than mine.......!!!

I didn't realise I could speak Italian......

Brian.

Comment

Internazionale Pan Combattere Da Scunthorpe .....

Or....

Girl thinks; "Ora è venduto alla fine , tutto quello che devo fare è eliminare tutti questi numeri e-mail di telaio e impostare il blocco delle chiamate app ....."

bRiAn.

Comment

Those with any knowledge of ISDT/Es or many other Enduros will, of course, realise that machine are routinely pushed to and from Parc Ferme and Start Control. There are many pics and even videos of similar procedures in the same area.
              As an aside, you will note the Italian registration as the Pathfinder was a substitute for a 175 of another, obviously unreliable foreign machine!
              I have no knowledge of the lady being a spy for MZ or Simson, phoning back detailed info on the Greeves to the factory in East Germany!
              Last edited by Brian Catt; 20/10/2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The Main Event....

Enid; "Right Mario! Park Ferme is six miles in that direction......and get a move on 'cos I'm timing you.....and you'd better arrive on time if we're going to win a medal this year.....!!!! And make sure you bring me some chips on the way back!"

Mario; (thinks....) "Why didn't I just park closer like the Germans did.....and wear more comfortable shoes.....and this is only day one......"

Brian.
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 20/10/2015, 04:31 PM. Reason: My English has suffered since I learned to type in Italian.....

Comment

Further evidence has come to light including one shot taken at the Acceleration Test.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Day 2.....

Thanks Brian...these pics are great!

Pic 1; As Mario eases his steed over the start line using the traditional 'seated' position, by the end of the back straight he's got it all in hand and is in full flight (Pic 2), before the big final push up the tricky ramp hazard, then applies the fearsome Grimeca anchor to nail the front wheel right in the box for the braking test at the end of the section (Pic 3.) Just the six mile push back to the van to complete and he's on Silver, as long as he doesn't suffer another blowout in his Sidi's......

Hang on a minute though.......why is the bloke in Pic 3 (far left) wearing my trousers...... (see pic in post #35, this thread.....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...sers#post16911)

bRiAn.
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 20/10/2015, 07:05 PM. Reason: ....trousers......

Comment

Pushing a motorbike.....the full skinny!

As this is a branch of the sport that's new to me, I've been doing a bit of digging and discovered that it's a lot more popular than I could ever have imagined.....

A quick search of the internet brings up loads of examples of 'how to' articles, pics, videos etc etc...the list goes on!

Here's just a few examples I managed to find;

First, some pics that admirably demonstrate the wide range of disciplines available for the ardent fans of this interesting and often challenging pastime. Everything from adventure bikes to the custom scene is catered for, and many of the practioners depicted are obviously highly skilled seasoned competitors....https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pu...IVxTsUCh3aFg4d

Finally, If you fancy having a go yourself I'd highly recommend these informative and enlightening links to get the full skinny on the wide range of techniques and styles that are used.....it's all really interesting stuff!! The first link even contains a related article on motorcycle cleaning, which I thought Kim may find helpful....

Walking your motorcycle is the quickest and most effective way to move a bike, but most find the safest method is to sit on it and paddle with your feet.

Enjoy!

bRiAn.

Comment

Top tips there Brian, though, only last week i was talking to a lorry driver from grimsby, who had suffered consistant snagging of his tights when using the juno park walking technique from the kick start on his vespa.....

Comment

Glad to report that our Italian Pathfinder rider did finish the event without having to push the machine too far! He got a lot further than ex-importer of SWM bikes etc., Jim Jones, who retired at the Start for some reason. Perhaps the lady in the pic had something to do with that!

Comment

GRA Fashion Police/Lycra Dept......

Nah......I reckon it was wrong choice of footwear.......

Juno Park says it's crucial, and black suede Cuban heels might look cool but they won't cut it in the special tests....

bRiAn.

Comment

Working...
                            X