This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25dc trouble shooting

Gosh you guys are good,many thanks and for the diagram John.

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

Just a quick query,I know that I don't have to but does anyone know where I can buy a classic type Front number plate to fit the plate attached just under the headlamp?The plate only measures 9.3/4 by just under 2.1/2 inches and I can't find one to fit on the web.

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

I sent a cardboard template to Tippers Classic & Vintage Plates Ltd who made a die pressed plate to fit,Very pleased with it at 20 pounds all in.I have no connection with this company other than a very satisfied customer.Tel.01726 879799 or their web site.

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

Thanks mayfield,contacted 'tippers' this am and they are going to make the plate for me.

Comment

You may need a backing plate for the pressed number plate. I had one fracture due to vibration where the pressing was a bit too deep. A backing plate should absorb those vibes.

Comment

missing on nearside cylinder

i have an East Coaster with a 4T engine.Two weeks ago I left it on the side stand for quite a time with the petrol tap on.
              On returning to the bike quite a pool or petrol under the near side seem to be dripping from the silencer front pipe joint.
              Could not start the bike so left for a week.
              Removed and cleaned plugs,started but about 3 mile out misfire began again returned to base,misfire nearside pot,swap plugs over still misfire on near side.Question,is it possible that the near side crank seal has failed,prior to this the bike ran beautifully.Sorry for such a long post just need ideas where to look.
              Regards
              Merlin

Comment

4T misfire

Problem unlikely to be n/s oil seal which requires a full engine strip if it has gone as its fitted from inside of crankcase. The fault is more likely to be plugs points, condenser, or coils.

Comment

Thanks John.What plugs would you recommend?
                  Regards
                  stuart

Comment

spark plugs

NGK B-6HS Spark plugs

Comment

Thank you will start with the simple and work forward.
                      Stuart

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

Thanks Brian,will make up a back plate for the number plate.

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

I took my 25dc engine to Villiers services for a rebuild. It starts and runs very well. Louis recommended that I replace the coils with modern ones. Perhaps this might help.
                          Mike

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

Can anyone help with a oil leak I have from the gearbox side of my 2T.I want to remove the right hand side cover to investigate but am a little concerned about the kickstart spring and gear indicator.What I want to know is what are the pitfalls and a sequence of dismantling.I have a small booklet,which I purchased from Villiers service,which gives an exploded view but nothing else and the last thing I want to do is rip things apart willy nilly.
                            Just to mention that as from today I,hopefully,will have joined the GRA as a full member.

Comment

2T manual

You need a 2T workshop manual, reprints of these are available from

(Mr D Spary, Thornby Lodge, Swan Bottom, Gt.Missendon, Bucks HP16 9NN)
                              The one you require is ref: VTWM-09 price £12 plus £2 p&p

Comment

25dc trouble shooting

Thanks John,have just ordered the manual

Comment

Working...
                                X