This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 60's Scrambles Film Clip

This is an interesting film clip I picked up from the Vintage MX Tracks Forum.

It starts with some footage from (I guess) the Greeves Comp Shop, shows some Works riders practicing (possibly at Wakes Colne, the artificial jump looks familiar) and ends up at a Hawkstone Park Scramble.

Wild Wade, Dave Bickers, Vic Eastwood, Jeff Smith were some of the stars I recognised.

John A - 268

I don't think that Maico-Sprite was in the Thundersley shop, but great stuff anyway. A rare tumble by JVS included.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Boy View Post

It starts with some footage from (I guess) the Greeves Comp Shop, shows some Works riders practicing (possibly at Wakes Colne, the artificial jump looks familiar) and ends up at a Hawkstone Park Scramble.

Wild Wade, Dave Bickers, Vic Eastwood, Jeff Smith were some of the stars I recognised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTmyw...U294HS8-GADvZ_
      Hi John,

I saw this clip on the "Vintage TV" channel, but it was over before I could record it. It was being used as a backing video for that Steppenwolf song.

I've been looking out for it ever since, but luckily, you've found it! Brilliant!

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Interesting old film , opens with Len Warren building a Challenger in motorcycle assembly , then Colin Wharnsby of CW metal work fame .

The first course is Wakes Colne , the riders are Bryan Wade , Arthur Browning & John Pease .

Where you see the riders starting their bikes , beside them is Bill Brooker , the Zodiac in the background was Derry Cobbs transport , the Austin A60 with the roof rack was Arthur Brownings & the back half of the other A60 was the Comp Shop transport - did many miles in that .

The second course , I think , was Don Smiths practice ground at Linford .

Shall have to look again to make sure .

Comment

I'm pretty sure the second place is Linford , looks like Don's Zodiac in the backgound , it was an old sandpit that Don was going to turn into a scrambles/trials practice track and use for meetings .

He did run one meeting there , quite a star studded affair as he used all his contacts to get riders there , somewhere I still have the program for it .

I do stand to be corrected though .

Chris
          Last edited by riflegreen; 14/02/2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

If the Comp Shop looked as untidy as motorcycle assembly , Bill Brooker would have shot us .

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by John-Boy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTmyw...U294HS8-GADvZ_
              Excellent! Thanks for posting this film!

Kenny Sykes

Comment

Working...
              X