Starmaker engined roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starmaker engined roadster

This pic has recently been posted on the Greeves 'Farcebook' web site by Geoff Thrower, presumably the owner of the bike. If Geoff is signed in on here maybe he would like to tell us more about it, its apparently built on a 20DC frame number 20DC141 registration number YPM804
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/05/2017, 06:44 PM. Reason: Further details added

Starmaker Roadster

I have just come in from the shed after tracing the lack of a clutch, and looked on the forum for help.
    I bought the bike in Edinburgh in 1972 with bent forks and a (presumably original) 9E engine with a 250 barrel. It was stripped and rebuilt in a 3rd floor flat. Used for the commute for several years and then the Starmaker was picked up locally, unused ex Pride & Clarke. The forks and hubs are Silverstone ex Stevens of Goldhawk Rd. (?) when they got rid of surplus stock. I won't tease you with the prices. The shorter forks made a much nicer road bike. I used it for several years, laid it up and then did a full rebuild around 2000. The engine needed a new piston last year, so it got a full seals kit etc., and I have just found that the clutch circlip was not correctly fitted, the operating pin has sheared and the way to compress the clutch is to pull on the pin ( diaphragm clutch also used on Norton Commando)

Comment

Geoff. Thanks for coming on board and filling us in on your Starmaker. You may recall another one built in a 25DB. http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...maker+roadster
      Sadly unlike yours its not on the road, awaiting long term restoration.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/07/2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X