Leading Link - February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading Link - February

Well, thanks indeed Colin for another great issue of Leading Link. We are so lucky to have an editor with the commitment necessary to produce our magazine with the regularity that we have enjoyed and become accustomed to in recent years!
    Our Chairman continues to ride and report on his recent practical experiences of the bikes we treasure showing the spirit that forged the club in the first place and brought us together all those years ago. Hats off to you Rob.
    I also enjoyed and admired Stan Nicholsons account of his experiences of campaigining an historical Silverstone in Canada for all these years with such success, I salute you Stan. In what must have been like ploughing a lone furrow he mentioned the bike carrying a few battle scars from it's many racing excursions. Presumably the rider wouldn't have escaped scott free either!
    What great ambassadors they are for the Greeves marque in keeping the flag flying all these years on.

Leading link Feb 2014

Quite agree with every thing Adrian says, especially the article on the Brighton scramble. I used to go every year from 1973 when i first moved to Sussex on my then brand new Benelli 125 cross.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Adrian. As I said on another thread, I'm struggling a bit with LL 176 because of finalising the book and the fact that I'm attending two two-day shows in February. And nobody else has written anything.

It will get done though.

The GRA has been fortunate in its editors. My predecessors always produced a quality item and on time. In twenty-five years only one issue ever failed to appear and that was very much due to "force majeure".

Right, better get on with this index. Fifteen pages of A4 @ 14pt so far...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments Adrian! I've got a few more articles stored away including the 1969 Brighton Exhibition Scramble - the first-ever Pre-65 scramble according to Mike Jackson and first public appearance in action of the new Griffon. Even got Derry's signature on part of it plus some of the original entry forms signed by Dave Curtis and Johnny Draper amongst others.

Quite a few interesting Greeves ended up in this part of the world due to Graham Beamish and Beamish Motors. Graham was also a top man in the Brighton & Dist MCC and dragged Derry into it for the annual dinner & dance. Dicky bows and ballroom dancing complete with band in those days. Days when Great Britain stood for something before the politicians and accountants finally wrecked the place in the name of short-term profit today with greed replacing integrity.

Aaaarrrggghhhh - rant over, quick nurse, the pills!

Colin - I have about 6 or so pages for you (or will have shortly).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Colin - I have about 6 or so pages for you (or will have shortly).
          Welcome back Rob!!!
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X