Road rage against 2 strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road rage against 2 strokes

On the way back from Saffron Walden today on my Greeves I was subjected a road rage incident. The exit from Saffron Walden involves climbing a fairly steep hill, 3rd gear on the Greeves. Just before the top of the hill I saw a van coming up behind in my mirror, it passed me on the brow of the hill narrowly missing me and an on coming car. The van driver obviously had an attitude problem with me as he was hooting and flashing his hazzard lights. A mile or so down the road he got stopped by road works traffic lights, when I filtered alongside to ask what his problem was, I was subjected to a steam of verbal abuse about the f*****g foul exhaust from my bike. I chose not to get into conflict with the man and continued to the front of the queue just as the lights changed and got on my way. Luckily I did not see him again.
    I wonder if anyone else has had a similar occurrence, this is something that does concern me, as like all older two strokes they can put up a bit of a smoke screen when opened up after poodling along through a built up area.
    How long before some environment official tries to get 2 strokes banned.

Just out of curiosity, John, was the van diesel-powered? Pot and kettle come to mind.

Comment

Probably John had Dutch number plates but driver or passenger (I think it was LH drive) was Anglo Saxon. Should have taken number, it was probably on false plates & not taxed or MoT'd, looked beat up old vehicle. Was glad to see the back of it, these sort of incidents can take a bad turn these days. Stay in hospital & smashed up bike sprang to mind. Some nasty people about on the roads these days.

Comment

Road Rage

I had a similar thing happen to me when on a British Two Stroke Run in Kent. We were waiting on a corner to show other riders the route when a batch of cyclist came past us holding their noses and shouted out "What A Stink" We laughed as the blue smoke rose into the Kent countryside, keep the blue haze coming fellow strokers!

Comment

Body Cam?

Hi, perhaps a cheap body/handle bar cam is useful with the plonkers we now find on our roads? Our cars have camera's fitted and have already helped in a collision between two motorists. We also keep video clips of appalling driving to remind us of these idiots.........starider

Comment

If he did not like the smell John of your Greeves after shave, you could have said have you tried Castrol R it may be more to your liking. seriously though this is all part of the life that the morons of today seem to have to do, sad old world out there

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
              If he did not like the smell John of your Greeves after shave, you could have said have you tried Castrol R it may be more to your liking. seriously though this is all part of the life that the morons of today seem to have to do, sad old world out there
              Presumably you mean more to HIS liking Dick. Seriously I think this may be an ongoing problem as the 'save the planet' brigade start banging their drum. I suppose the diesel brigade having been told that their cars will be banned in a few years are going to take umbridge when they see old motorbikes belching smoke. After all new two stokes over 50cc are now banned so how long is it going to be before someone realises we are running these old bangers.

Comment

Pong

I thought you could still buy Jawa two stroke twins new.

Comment

You can buy new 350 Jawa's John

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                    You can buy new 350 Jawa's John
                    Yes, not sure how they get away with that. Maybe a loophole in the legislation somewhere, as the major Jap makes stopped making & importing 2 strokes other than 50cc twist & go scooters long ago.

Comment

2 strokes banned from UK from Jan 2017

Just come across this web page http://www.subcultz.com/2016/11/eu-b...-january-2017/
                      It obviously didnt happen though, or not yet anyway
                      Also more about it here https://www.scooterlab.uk/eu-ban-dir...oters-feature/
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/08/2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I've got one of those 350 Jawas. I believe that the importer, David Angel of F2 Motorcycles, gets each one tested and passed, which clearly is possible in a way that perhaps isn't available at the manufacturer level or if it involved much greater numbers.

Comment

Working...
                        X