Seen at Kempton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen at Kempton

These two Greeves were seen at Kempton on 22/7/17 (pic from IKBA web site)
    The Scottish trials 681 EKM is a 20TA frame number 59/1143 and according to DVLA has a 246cc engine.
    No details on the Oulton other than riders name on fairing is Bob Horton. Bob from Gamlingay died in 2015, more about Bob and the Oulton in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ghlight=Horton Looks like the 20TA was Bob's as well, looks like some one was selling them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/07/2017, 12:29 AM.

I remember Bob.. He was a lovely guy and a genuine Greeves enthusiast..

I Remember he owned a Scottish that belonged to John Surtees... Not the TFS that was well publicised... Definitely a Scottish..could be that bike??

Comment

Bob brought that Scottish along to Stafford in 2014 (see LL 178). John Surtees visited the stand and told us that he sold Greeves machines through his dealership and it was probably one of them.

What a dreadful way to display a couple of desirable bikes. That Oulton sprinter is ruddy quick - I've ridden it!
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by john wakefield View Post
        these two greeves were seen at kempton on 22/7/17 (pic from ikba web site)
        the scottish trials 681 ekm is a 20ta frame number 59/1143 and according to dvla has a 246cc engine.
        No details on the oulton other than riders name on fairing is bob horton. Bob from gamlingay died in 2015, more about bob and the oulton in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ghlight=horton looks like the 20ta was bob's as well, looks like some one was selling them.
        we have had both of these bikes on the stands at stafford and telford, in 2015.

Comment

Yes, Bob started the Oulton at Telford in the 'GP Paddock'. Bob was a really nice bloke and a true Greeves enthusiast. I first met him at the Brighton speed Trials. He was waiting for his run when the clutch cable broke. He was a bit miffed but he wouldn't have got his ride as the meeting was stopped after a sidecar accident. Those that ran before it happened were trapped at the far end of the course for well over an hour as the police would not let riders return through a 'crime scene'! A true enthisaist and GRA member, sadly missed.

Comment

Working...
          X