villiers 2T issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• villiers 2T issues

Well here we are again having just got my no plate fixed and insured I thought I aught to try the bike out . fresh mix20:1 and although it does go it only runs on one cylinder ,I've checked the.obvious good spark but l/h plug is not getting any fuel so I tried a little down the plug but blew the plug out of head so 2 helicoils later had another go still no fuel runs perfectly on one cylinder? Has any one got any ideas ??

Could be lots of things, but with single carb how can it not get through.
    At worst it sounds like centre seal problem, has engine or crank been re built recently? Presumably its got a spark hence it firing when fuel put down plug hole. Sorry best I can do.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/08/2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

2T issues

I had the problem of only the R/H cylinder working, the reason was that the crankcase seal had blown out behind the drive sprocket, someone prior to myself had removed the locating ridge,(this seal is fitted from the inside,)presumably to replace it externally. "Nametab" supplied an oversize seal of a few thou.no problems since. This may not be the cause in your situation,just passing on my experience. Les.

Comment

2T issues

The crank was recon by villiers! all new oil seals . filled l/h with petrol and drained, but on draining r/h side got same amount out? suspect centre seal will probably do this myself as there is no way of checking, so I have striped the engine no blown gaskats and it all looks sound?

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
          The crank was recon by villiers! all new oil seals . filled l/h with petrol and drained, but on draining r/h side got same amount out? suspect centre seal will probably do this myself as there is no way of checking, so I have striped the engine no blown gaskats and it all looks sound?
          Did you drain both sides before filling LH side? If you did and petrol then came out of both sides after filling LH side the seal is faulty. Maybe VS damaged it when they fitted a new one. Unless you have a press & jig to align flywheels you cant change centre seal yourself & as you payed VS to do it they should put it right.

Comment

2T issues

Thank you John will be in touch with V/S this morning. thinking about this it could be a fractured centre plate but there is no way of testing this . Will keep you in formed .engine stripped again at least I know how it comes to pieces, just a thought do you have any recommendations on gasket sealant?I normally use Hylomar.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
              Thank you John will be in touch with V/S this morning. thinking about this it could be a fractured centre plate but there is no way of testing this . Will keep you in formed .engine stripped again at least I know how it comes to pieces, just a thought do you have any recommendations on gasket sealant?I normally use Hylomar.
              Gasket sealant wont help here, only need it on joints, I have always used the old red Hermitite but Hylomar would be OK maybe better. One thing to check is the rubber insert in the centre plate, that fits in a groove. If this is missing the crankcase halves will not be sealed, but this would effect both cylinders not just one, therefore looks like an outer seal is defective on the offending cylinder.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/08/2015, 11:35 PM. Reason: Extra info regarding seals added

Comment

2T issues

Thanks once again John for your guidance.Nice to talk to you on phone.could you scan the bit about the "rubber seal"as this is a mystery to me as it was not in the engine as I striped it and is not shown in parts list? hope thats not too much trouble. The crank is on its way to V/S for inspection will report back in the near future. thanks Mike

Comment

Rubber seal in Crankshaft Centre Plate

This is from the 4T manual but rubber seal is same on 2T
                  Attached Files

Comment

2T issues

Thank you John should this be an "O" ring or is it just a short piece at top of casing. Not sure why it is not shown in the Villiers operator and parts list?Thanks again Mike

Comment

2T issues

V/S have looked at my crank and can find no fault they think that I am on a wild goose hunt and that I have complete been lead up the garden path by faulty ignition so hay ho of we go I will know how it all goes to gether soon so wait for the next episode.

Comment

2 stroke

Always start with the simple cheap issues first.

Comment

2T issues

cheers merlin hind sight is a wonderful gift!!

Comment

Comes with age

Comment

2T issues

the story so far is crank returned to V/S and they could find no fault fair nuff. so I have reassembled the engine carefully ! and noticed clutch springs were not all the same length so got new set engine back in frame and need the motivation to finish off, unfortunately a new project is on the bench ,and I am still baffled by the 2T Steve from V/S recons it is ignition and nothing else so i'v just had a nice wild goose chase. Spoke to Boyer's and Rex alectrical but they cannot help with an alternative ignition Rex Caunt Racing used to offer a 2T conversion but that is no longer available so to eliminate the stator I in tend to try battery to coil and see what happens wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X