1972 QUB Frame colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 QUB Frame colour

My 1972 QUB needs repainting and I wondered what the original colour should be.The main frame is red and the swinging arm and Arces (Ceriani) forks are grey.Is this the original colour? Any suggestions of matching car colours would be very welcome.

Qub colours

The frame should be (bmw(jet black) black and s/arm
    intersting note: if its powder coated you can get stripper for powdercoating from FROST.
    forks CERIANAI i are cleaned and laqured (not polished) i painted mine with strato silver ford colour again a intersting note you can get "ceriani" stickers from john collard in the club
    BARS WERE CHROMED 1" SWAGED ONE END 7/8

I USE SYNTHETIC BLACK AND "FAST FLASH THINNER" 10% warm

MY 465 FRAME WAS DONE WITH THIS
    RM465 RE BUILD of a lot of new parts and new flywheels distroyed !!!!! shamedly but not beyond repair even new forks !

greeves 246
    Last edited by greeves246; 08/06/2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

The handlebars were not chromed , they were painted silver earlier and black later .

They were high tensile steel and painted because the chroming destroyed the effectiveness of them being high tensile .

Chris

Comment

Qub

Many thanks gentlemen,at least blacks an easy colour to duplicate.Why do they call those Ceriani forks triple clamp.Is it because each leg is clamped and the stem ?

Comment

Stuart ,

It is an Americanism , they refer to fork yokes as triple trees , I suppose as you say because of the legs and column .

The fork yokes and fork sliders were not painted to a high gloss but an almost matt finish .

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
            Stuart ,

It is an Americanism , they refer to fork yokes as triple trees , I suppose as you say because of the legs and column .

The fork yokes and fork sliders were not painted to a high gloss but an almost matt finish .

Chris
            Hi Chris,

The first few QUB's came over to the states with Spanish Telesco's. I also have a photo of Dick Clayton with Telesco forks.

Why were they used for such a short time?

Thanks,
            Kenny

Comment

Hi Kenny ,

The first Telesco forks for the works bikes were good but by the time they got to the production bikes they were awful .

The makers fitted mild steel bushes in a mild steel slider and after a few laps the forks seized .

I think eventually the bikes sold with Telescos on were given Cerianis free of charge , not one of Greeves better times .

Start the Chemo tomorrow

Chris

Comment

QUB Colours

I think that Greeves used Telescos during one of the many occasions when the Ceriani brotheers were experiencing cash flow/delivery problems.

Druid

Comment

Hi Kenny ,

The first Telesco forks for the works bikes were good but by the time they got to the production bikes they were awful .

The makers fitted mild steel bushes in a mild steel slider and after a few laps the forks seized .

I think eventually the bikes sold with Telescos on were given Cerianis free of charge , not one of Greeves better times .

Start the Chemo tomorrow

Chris
                  Chris,

I have the Telesco's...The inside on the sliders look worn and the dampers on the bearing surface have very bad scratches and grooves. Nice looking fork though with good size fork tubes.

Everyone on the board is thinking of you Chris! You'll do just fine!

Regards,
                  Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
                    I think that Greeves used Telescos during one of the many occasions when the Ceriani brotheers were experiencing cash flow/delivery problems.

Druid
                    Hi Druid,

A lot of the Griffons shipped to the USA in 72 came with Metal Profile forks as well.

Regards,
                    Kenny

Comment

TIME FOR A SORT OUT :-p

TELESCO ! FORKS PICTURE

CHROME GREEVES BARS BROUGHT FROM BRIAN EDWARDS !! NEW OLD STOCK

NEW EAST COASTER SEAT COVER IN BACKROUND !
                      BARS

Comment

Qub colours

NEW SWINGING ARM FOR QUB !

Comment

They may be old stock but they were not made by Greeves .

Chris

Comment

MP

Did they ! Interesting never knew they fitted them hard action thoud kenny were they any good ?

Comment

Bars

they may be old stock but they were not made by greeves .

Chris
                              they came from brian edwards stock sheet sold to mike afterwards

ask brain edwards also the photo for the 380qub mk one there is clearly chrome bars

Comment

Working...
                              X