Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your not the only one

Hi Paul..

Great post as ever!! I've done the same thing myself!!

I spent ages wrestling in the past!! I find Michelin tyres a lot easier to fit as they are a softer compound.. My Dad spent nearly a whole day fitting a vee rubber tyre to his Bultaco years ago.. I think the tyre went on with sweat and swear words in the end!!!

I'd say go for another swingarm too.. But finding them is getting harder all the time!! ( I have not got one before you ask )

Scott
    Last edited by scott151; 27/09/2017, 10:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi.....after reading your posts and the LL article by Geoff Nunn, I'm wondering what your gearbox was, or was modified to? I'm doing some daydreaming for the spec of something for the future....A Close ratio scrambles box is too close, but I think the Enduro 360 box as per Colin's book might be too wide. Geoff states there is a Very Wide box and a Intermediate Wide. Maybe the latter is what I'm trying to find.
      Last edited by Brian Catt; 09/10/2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hi Brian,
        I raced the 380this year and last year on an intermediate wide ratio. Would be a great box for a green lane bike. Kim raced it once but it was too fast for him.

I have the close ratio one in for Marks They this weekend.

Comment

Nice to know that info! Green lane or maybe something more important????

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            Nice to know that info! Green lane or maybe something more important????
            Exactly Brian, you have guessed my plan for the gearbox

Comment

Hi Paul,
              I am racing at Marks They on Sunday.
              Are you ready?

Craig

Comment

Paul is only coming to collect some authentic Essex Mud, so he looks like an experienced campaigner.....Perhaps we need to keep him away from Kim!

Comment

Paul is only coming to collect some authentic Essex Mud, so he looks like an experienced campaigner.....Perhaps we need to keep him away from Kim!
                  You've rumbled me Brian, I'm doing my own version of the Great Escape. every time I go darn sarf I collect a few buckets of your hallowed Essex mud to build my own track up north. I reckon in the 40 years it will take to build the track, the griffon should be about ready.

Craig, sad to say I've been so busy at work I've not had a chance to think about the bike. Gearbox is waiting for me to pick it up from the machine shop after repair of damage from the abortive start up mentioned previously. However I have had time to repair, sand, fill, sand, prime, sand, undercoat, sand, spray, sand , again spray and sand the tank and panels. And they look pretty good if I say so myself. (anyone know where to source the Griffon decals?)

A word of advice to anyone painting their own griffon. Fiat red orange available from Halfords looks prefect for the original griffon red - however it dries a rather fetching shade of Heinz tomato soup However, Ford race red is much better.

As I have accidentally bought myself a Scottish, I wonder if I would be allowed to race on that. Given that Craig and Kim will no doubt take each other out in a 'racing incident', I would no doubt not be last in the Greeves Champ races.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You can never be sure what colour paint dries to from the can!!! That looks OK from this distance.... As for racing your Scottish, well perhaps! I did spot a rather odd looking Challenger at one meeting and on investigation, it has a 24 TES frame.....

Comment

Good thread guys - looking forward to MArks Tey - and McCorset I will be taking you down on your Mighty Gaylord 44bhp Griffon Goldfinger flaky thingy - with my Dads little old 19bhp box standard weeny old 62 Hawkstone MDS Iron Barrel/Girder special - can't wait for it - and don't forget if your thinking of any roughty tuffty Irish tactics - my Racing name isn't "Elbows" for no reason !!!!
                      See you into that first bend for the holeshot !!

Ps Soggy - looking forward to meeting up again
                      Cheers Kim

P.s an intermediate Enduro box is no good for MX - first too low second too high .

Spat me off whilst leading the championship race at the Nostalgia ........be perfect for green laning with a smaller rear sprocket (or indeed going ring a ring a roses round your garden )

Comment

We have other plans for the Inter Wide box Kim! In fact, we might collect some more if they are available from any source!

Comment

We have other plans for the Inter Wide box Kim! In fact, we might collect some more if they are available from any source!
                          I have one in a box in the garage

Comment

Don't bury it! I need one to see what will be the best gearing for an ISDE bike.

Comment

For Brian's benefit.... gearbox back in one piece, and engine+ gearbox back in the bike. No luck with sourcing another swing arm so hopefully bike is ride able with the weird kinked and lengthened swing arm that came with the bike. Still a few things need sorting / sourcing , but I will be down to Marks Tey on 5th Nov. with the bike. Hopefully I will be riding and not just taking it for a ride in the pick-up.

Comment

Great News! Only bugbear is that I am listed to do a job on a Car event that day, but with luck it will be scrubbed for low entry!

Comment

Working...
                                X