25in 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25in 125

Any information on 25IN 125/FWC654? Just met the new owner - the story is that its been in a storage container in Alaska for the last 25 years or so - now rescued.
    Attached Files

Frame number 24IN125

Do you not mean 24IN125 ?
    I dont have it recorded on my ISDT survivors list (will ad it though) & the reg No is not live on the DVLA, so looks like its been out of the UK for many years.
    As a matter of interest 24IN124 is in the USA with incorrect KOO926 registration plates, thought to be one of a batch exported and 'cloned to look like the real KOO926. Strange that 124 also has UK registration plates,(FWC is an Essex mark) it may I suppose have been purchased by a US serviceman based at one of the US airbases & taken back to the states after initial registration in the UK. Probably not ever ridden in the ISDT. Just a theory. Can you say who current owner is?
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 04/05/2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wfo47w View Post
      Any information on 25IN 125/FWC654? Just met the new owner - the story is that its been in a storage container in Alaska for the last 25 years or so - now rescued.
      Hi Dean,

Frank Conley had a photo of it while the bike was up in Alaska. No other info is available. A batch of the TES based Internationals made their way to the states...very few are listed in my Nicholson Motors files. Good chance they were brought over privately and not through distribution.

Kenny

Comment

24in 125

More of the story. Greeves supposedly brought over from the UK by owner who had a job in Alaska - stored it in a container while working. He then died.
        Bike was registered in the UK in 1962 and Alaska in 1966. Its now in Washington state.
        Attached Files

Comment

There should be a first registration record at Essex Records office it will almost certainly show it as registered to Invacar. Tax disc expired August 1963 so looks like bike was only in UK a few months, it was registered in August 1962
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/04/2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

wfo47w presumably the new owner knows the name of the original owner, can you find out his name, it will help track the bike.

Comment

Working...
            X