This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkstone Twin 25SA Register

I,m trying to find out how many 25SA have survived and possibly be a help to owners.For security reasons please E mail just your frame number and its condition with any questions that you may have.I hope to put the results in the Leading Link at some later stage.Please send me a private message
    Last edited by Stuart Baskill; 09/06/2010, 08:34 PM.

Hawkstone 25SA Twin Register.

Interesting post Stuart, thanks.

It will be interesting to see how many are still out there. Funnily enough I recently saw one for sale on EBay (first I've ever seen for sale, ever!) Does anyone know if it was a GRA member who bought it? (It was in 'kit' form.)

Also, I have a cracking shot of Brian Stonebridge riding a Hawkstone twin in a scramble (see attached.) It's one of my favourites!

Once again in the interests of security, and prior to him having his status upgraded on the forum, I can confirm to members that Stuart is of course a GRA member.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 01/06/2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: Photo added.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
      Interesting post Stuart, thanks.

It will be interesting to see how many are still out there. Funnily enough I recently saw one for sale on EBay (first I've ever seen for sale, ever!) Does anyone know if it was a GRA member who bought it? (It was in 'kit' form.)

Also, I have a cracking shot of Brian Stonebridge riding a Hawkstone twin in a scramble (see attached.) It's one of my favourites!

Once again in the interests of security, and prior to him having his status upgraded on the forum, I can confirm to members that Stuart is of course a GRA member.

Brian.
      Thanks for the Stonebridge picture.When did you see one on E bay? I was told that the 2T was a bit heavy,was slow out of the corners but fast at the end of a straight,and was prone to the barrels filling with mud due to the small fins and overheating.Elsewhere I read that the final chain was prone to come off.I wonder if thats why they became street scramblers? There is also the rarer trials version ,the 25T.One of those appears at shows. Stuart

Comment

Hawkstone Twin 25SA.

Hi Stuart,

Glad you liked the BGS pic (me too!), and it's a pleasure to share it with everyone.

The bike I saw for sale on EBay was sometime in the last 6 months...I'm afraid I can't remember exactly when though. I seem to recall it was in pretty good condition and looked all there, stripped down and cleaned up ready to paint and assemble, and that it fetched decent money too, obviously bought by someone who knew what it was.

I think the Trials 25TA you have seen at the shows may be the one belonging to Dave Bradley. A lovely machine, and well up to Dave's usual impeccable standards of restoration. For info it was featured in 'LL'#141.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/06/2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

The bike I saw for sale on EBay was sometime in the last 6 months
          Maybe Colin has a record of it, he normally monitors eBay for LL

Comment

I have to admit my eBay monitoring has slipped a bit of late, so I missed that. Hopefully normal service will be restored once we move house and settle in - hopefully by the end of June.

Anyway, here's Dave Bradley's 25TA Scottish Twin and Tim Griffin's 25SA Hawkstone Twin...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 06/06/2010, 05:16 PM.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              I have to admit my eBay monitoring has slipped a bit of late, so I missed that. Hopefully normal service will be restored once we move house and settle in - hopefully by the end of June.

Anyway, here's Dave Bradley's 25TA Scottish Twin and Tim Griffin's 25SA Hawkstone Twin...
              After 7 months nobody has admitted to owning a 25SA so they must be rare !

Comment

About 12 to 15 years ago there was one at a scramble in West Wales, didn't cover herself with glory especially when she went backwards of the start line

Comment

25SA Register

Hi Stuart,
                  are you still looking for 25SA's. I belive Rob and Adrian Dickerson have one each and I think there is another one at Maylandsea in Essex.I will try and get the frame numbers.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sewell View Post
                    Hi Stuart,
                    are you still looking for 25SA's. I belive Rob and Adrian Dickerson have one each and I think there is another one at Maylandsea in Essex.I will try and get the frame numbers.

Terry Sewell
                    I know about Adrians future Championship winning 25SA but not the others.If you could trace the other numbers that would be great as I have only heard of about 6 25SA,s. Thanks Stuart

Comment

Alan Critcher

I have 8776/25SA. Complete, but with a few minor mods.
                      Intending to do a restoration in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantahal View Post
                        I have 8776/25SA. Complete, but with a few minor mods.
                        Intending to do a restoration in the near future.
                        You have a very rare bike.Only 7 25SA are know to survive. 5 are 1958 and 2 are 1959 out of about 34 made. I presume that you bought it from Peter? If you require any information about it please ask. I would advise that you join the club as this will give you more access to the members etc. Stuart

Comment

Some of you may know Julian Smith, he rides as no. 258 with the Pre-65 Motocross Club, usually on a 360 Challenger and has been known to borrow a Hawkstone from time to time.

He told me at the weekend that he has obtained a genuine Hawkstone Twin, that he plans to race this year. Should be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by David Mace View Post
                            Some of you may know Julian Smith, he rides as no. 258 with the Pre-65 Motocross Club, usually on a 360 Challenger and has been known to borrow a Hawkstone from time to time.

He told me at the weekend that he has obtained a genuine Hawkstone Twin, that he plans to race this year. Should be interesting!
                            David can you get the number please for survivors register?

Comment

Yes of course, I will ask him.

Comment

Working...
                              X