Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

Hi,

I've now stripped the frame, swing arm & other bits ready to have painted, the model i have is Greeves Griffon 380 1969 I'm buying a new tank & side panels which come post office red, it is the silver i wish to know what can to use ?

Cheers

Can anybody help Gary with the silver paint spec??

I am sure their is a thread on here somewhere - will PM Thommo as he will know............and if not I will ask at our GRA meet on Saturday
    Cheers Kim

Comment

I should think any silver would suffice, it would need a very criticle eye to notice a difference

Comment

The name "Strato Silver" has been posted on Facebook, I think it may be a Ford colour.

Comment

My Challenger frame was sprayed in Ford Silver Fox. I don't know whether the Griffon used the same or similar colour.
          John A - 268

Comment

Griffon Silver....

Hi all,

Gary mentioned Strato Silver for Griffs on this thread, which I think may be the one you had in mind Kim....it's the only one I could find to be honest....http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...griffon+silver Lots of helpful input/confirmation there from Druid too.....

As John Boy mentioned, Ford Silver Fox could also be a good choice. It's spot on for many Yamahas (old and new) and gives a nice 'factory' look for those bikes.

Also, have a look at some pics I took of Steve and Scott Chappel's beautiful 24MX4 here for some inspiration.....this shade of silver looks spot on to me, as does the rest of the bike come to that! http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ighlight=24mx4

At the end of the day, I'm with Dicky on this one....just paint it a silver that YOU like Smiffy and enjoy the bike! And if some gadge turns up with a man-portable colour spectrometer to check on your handiwork, just refer them to an appropriate therapist.....

Congrats on the Greeves championship class win too, by the way-well ridden sir!

Thommo.
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/10/2015, 02:27 AM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Working...
            X