No announcement yet.

Triumph T150 Trident Greeves Finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph T150 Trident Greeves Finished!

After 15 years the trident engine Greeves is finally done.

Heres a picture from the February 2006 'Leading Link' (#127).

Finaly around 10 years later the bike is finished, just in time for Spa bikers classic 2016.

The other week we took the bike to our local motorcycle dyno to run it properly.

Heres a link to a video of it on the dyno.
    8000rpm!

We have also been lucky to have one of our customers who is a motorcycle journalist write an article on the project.
    Part 1
    Inspiration, ideas, motivation, and enthusiasm can flow into our lives from lots of different angles and sources. Andy Haworth\'s inspiration was formed by two key moments when the project that first entered his head back in 1998 moved from idea to reality. The back story is that Andy acquired a 1961 Greeves Scot...

Part 2
    When we visited Andy Haworth and his colleague, Nick Parkins, in March they were seven months into building a very unique motorcycle that they intended to take to the big classic bike meeting in July at the magnificent Spa Franchorchamp circuit in Belgium. The build involves the coming together of a Triumph Trid...

Part 3 and 4 are on the way!

You did it! Wow, what a beast!

Love the octopus exhaust. Quite a work of art.

What power did you get? What's it like to ride?

We have to know!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

As you say Colin a beast but a well engineered one, particularly the 'snake charmed' exhaust. As mentioned in the write up, the main concern must be the front forks, although the bottom link appears to have the brace as fitted to the motocross bikes, the 'rawl bolt' top yoke arrangement, & the rubber bushes in suspension are the weak points & most worrying concerns.
      Another factor may be with the centre cylinder overheating due to the restricted airflow posed by the width of the alloy beam.
      I think you intend road registering the bike Andrew, so how are you going about this? ie keep it registered as a Greeves with 750 engine, or go for single vehicle approval new registration which will result in a Q plate. This was the route chosen by the builder of the 600cc Yamaha engined Greeves that I wrote about on a previous thread. http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...Yamaha+Greeves The builder of that bike felt it was the only legal way to go as he had made significant changes from the original Greeves design.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 04/06/2016, 10:41 AM. Reason: Yam Greeves thread added

Comment

Greeves Trident

Proof positive that good old fashioned engineering endures.

A very neat job indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
          You did it! Wow, what a beast!

Love the octopus exhaust. Quite a work of art.

What power did you get? What's it like to ride?

We have to know!
          hi Colin sorry its taken so long to reply but in answer to your question we saw 60 hp on the dyno with some minor mods and bigger jets
          it rode absolutely spot on at spa IN 2016 IN 2017 WE WENT AGAIN but converted to 5 speed and different gearing loads better still a slight wobble in long sweeping corners saw 135 mph down the back straight then this is why i said road after we returned from spa we took it to a local gala or tried to take it had a sudden deflation of the front tyre bike went straight on i went over a wall bike destroyed and me in hospital for 4 weeks broken left femur left shoulder broken right wrist smashed left hand and wrist concussion and internal bleeding
          bike is now in half rebuilt stage so will send picturs when i can it will go again plan is to go to spa this year

Comment

Oh what a shame. I do hope you're well and fit now. Full recovery from knocking yourself about that much can take ages.

It's hard to imagine just how gutted you must be to wreck the bike after ten years creating it. Hope the rebuild goes ok.

All the best. Colin.

Colin Sparrow

Comment

thanks colin yes 90% now but its not going to improve anymore i dont think but we just get on with it

Comment

Working...
              X