MX2 Challenger rebuild/race prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kim,
    The G.P.T.A. was lost years ago so I just stuck the broken end of an old screwdriver into the hole as mentioned in the Greeves service data sheet under "dealer improvements" in 1967.

New rubber
    Attached Files

Comment

Manual Dibbler Trunnion Adjuster Mod....

An excellent mod Craig, with the added advantage of the screwdriver handle providing manual adjustment of the crank wibbler and dibbler trunnion from the saddle....nice!

bRiAn.

Comment

Nearly there,
        Just the shocks to change and chain to put on.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another one he made earlier....!

Lookin' mighty fine bud, great job....ready to RACE!

Just one thing....are you gonna' change the socks too.....

Brian.

Comment

Nearly Immaculately prepared

Oops gone and done it again....
            Craig that challenger looks mint well done mate

Comment

update

More than a year later the challenger is still going strong.
              Still beating all those fancy boys on modern twinshocks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Craig I need a pair of tyres for my MX3 Challenger what size rear tyre did you use?
                Simon

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                  Hi Craig I need a pair of tyres for my MX3 Challenger what size rear tyre did you use?
                  Simon
                  Hello,
                  I will have a look tonight and send the details.

Comment

Hallo Craig, I've just got my boy a MX2! I think it must have just stood for about 30 years, complete but rather unloved. Just had the motor apart and it is in quite good condition. There is no top ring and no sign of it exiting in bits either. All I need now is a set of +40 rings to fit a Hepolite Dykes piston.

Glad yours is still going OK.

PS - I still have your PVL backplate and tape measure from Mortimer!

Comment

That's my tape measure! I've been cursing Craig about nicking it for months now, and it turns out to be you Rob. Our glorious leader turns out to be nothing more than a petty thieving scroat. Power corrupts I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                        Hello,
                        I will have a look tonight and send the details.
                        Hi there
                        Michelin Cross Competition s12 xc
                        120/90-18

Comment

Thanks Craig ,now I know a 120/90 -18 will fit will now order .I'm in process of rebuilding my MX 3 when finished I will post some photos.
                          Thanks Simon

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                            Thanks Craig ,now I know a 120/90 -18 will fit will now order .I'm in process of rebuilding my MX 3 when finished I will post some photos.
                            Thanks Simon
                            Good stuff Simon,
                            I have managed to fit a 130/80 - 18 in the past !!!!!!

Comment

Craig the old tyre that came on the bike was a 510 x 18 not sure what size that is compared to the new sizes but it seemed rather large .
                              Simon

Comment

Now then Soggy Welly, I won't deny being a petty thieving scroat but in the case of your tape measure, you may remember Craig had to rush off to hospital with his son. Your tape measure would probably still be in the Mortimer grass if I hadn't rescued it! It was his bike I was trying to nick. I pushed the remains back from the scene of the 100 mph death smash up the hill and then they took it from me and loaded it up before I could dismantle it and hide the bits in the GRA hospitality suite!

So, I wanted a Challenger and ended up with a tape measure that's why I admitted possession thereof!

Oh, the joy of confession, I hang my head in shame and will take myself off to a dark corner and beat myself soundly about the head.

PS - How can I safely return your tape measure?!
                                Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 01/10/2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X