Ranger carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger carrier

I presume this is just a generic carrier that could be adapted rather than a genuine Greeves one

No it is an exact copy of the original Ranger rack that I sent Duncan (parkwood products). I needed one for the Orange Ranger, and now have ordered one for my TFS, though it will need a bit of altering. I expect you can get cheaper racks however I like to use parts that Greeves used.

Comment

Tony. Looking at the rack, and pictures of a Ranger, it looks as though the two forward facing tubes of the rack actually slide inside what in effect appears to be a cut-down rear subframe mudguard loop. Is that correct? I wondered if it would fit a TE/S, but if that is the case, it would involve cutting off the rear loop. It was done back in the day, but I wouldn't want to cut a complete one now. From the top of the rear shocks back, that part of the subframe on the Ranger is quite different from a TE/TFS.

I take it the rack is mild steel, for chroming, not stainless? It doesn't say in the listing.

Ian
      Last edited by IanCordes; 26/05/2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Yes Ian the rack slides into a tube either side fastened with Allen head bolts. They are mild steel and I powders coated the Ranger one. The TFS one will probably just be sprayed.

Comment

Working...
        X