challenger air box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• challenger air box

Has anyone got any pics or drawings of the 24mx4 air box assembly, all i have is the air box itself, i presume the original design was a paper fram filter, with some sort of cover? thanks.

Hi Dave

They had a paper fram filter.. Can't remember the part number but I will be able to find a box at my Dads when I get a chance to look..

The filter is held in place with a little aluminum disc similar to a tea cup saucer..

Personally though.... I completely gutted my mx4 air box.. So no two stage on mine.. I then used a foam filter direct onto the carb mouth..soooo much easier and a completely air tight solution.. Also still looks original...

Was that your 24mx4 at kiddington with the bananas on today??

Scotty

Comment

Dave,
      this is the airbox from the 360 MX4 with a K&N element, the originals were two paper elements. The only cover is the side panels (number plates). I assume the 250 is the same as the 360.
      Attached Files
      John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
        Hi Dave

They had a paper fram filter.. Can't remember the part number but I will be able to find a box at my Dads when I get a chance to look..

The filter is held in place with a little aluminum disc similar to a tea cup saucer..

Personally though.... I completely gutted my mx4 air box.. So no two stage on mine.. I then used a foam filter direct onto the carb mouth..soooo much easier and a completely air tight solution.. Also still looks original...

Was that your 24mx4 at kiddington with the bananas on today??

Scotty
        Thanks scott & john-boy, no scott not mine, but it will look as nice when finished, thanks for the info & the time to post a pic john-boy, very much appreciated, thanks guys........

Comment

It's the ease of manufacturing versus the cost. Proper K & N filters or throw away paper ones?

Comment

Working...
          X