Greeves Riders Association Forums   Greeves Riders Association Forums Not signed up? Send an email to contact@greeves-riders.org.uk requesting access.
Find out more about GRA membership and how to join here.

Go Back   Greeves Riders Association Forums > Non-Greeves > Non-Greeves motorcycle chat

Old 27/03/2017, 07:41 AM

Tax your vehicles on line. Very straightforward. That way you can print out the confirmation documents either direct or by requested email.
Old 27/03/2017, 08:09 AM
GRA Member

Default DVLA Inspections

Further to my previous post,I have had a visit from the SGS inspector,very prompt turnaround from making the appointment{2days} He duplicated every thing I had submitted to John Collard,it will be a pity if the DVLA are not going to accept any club authentications. The chap who made the visit was first class on all counts although a ship cargo surveyor he showed an interest in motorcycles,perhaps showing the way things are likely to evolve. Les.
Old 27/03/2017, 08:46 AM
GRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfield View Post
Further to my previous post,I have had a visit from the SGS inspector,very prompt turnaround from making the appointment{2days} He duplicated every thing I had submitted to John Collard,it will be a pity if the DVLA are not going to accept any club authentications. The chap who made the visit was first class on all counts although a ship cargo surveyor he showed an interest in motorcycles,perhaps showing the way things are likely to evolve. Les.
It would make it easier both for clubs & owners if the DVLA took on the inspections themselves. But as I mentioned in an earlier post I suspect the DVLA use the club authentication/inspection as 'the first hurdle' to sort the 'wheat from the chaff'. The secondary inspection is just a final check up that what the club have submitted is accurate. Apparently a few unscrupulous clubs have been fiddling the books. Clubs for very expensive cars where the difference in getting an 'original number' back can result in several 1000 difference in value. Greeves dont really fit into that category but one rule for all applies.