Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Vine.

Good afternoon.*
    I am a new member as of today. I am the granddaughter of Peter Vine. I am hoping to find associates of Peters or at least any old stories of him. Unfortunately Peter passed away almost 33 years ago when I was only 2. I know there are a few people that may know of him. If not then he was called Derry Preston Cobb's "legs" he would help Mr Cobb daily. Peter was also transport manager at Greeves. Plus I believe he used to do bike test runs. Anyway enough waffle from me. Thank you for your time reading this and hope to meet some new people soon. Michelle.

Hello Michelle. I well remember the nice time we spent sorting out photos of "Poppy". Welcome to the Forum, It's great to see you on here.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

I thought I recognised your name. I hope you are well. Yes we had a fantastic afternoon working through all your photos. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I made a photo album for my nan as promised with all the photos you supplied. I still look at them now.

Comment

granddad-vine

Dear Michelle,
        Just started to be involved in the GRA Forum! I met Peter Vine first time at the Swiss European 250 MX Championship at Wohlen in 1961 when Derry Preston Cobb came over by Airplane as spectator to see famous Dave Bickers fighting the mighty BSA Team of Jeff Smith and Arthur Lampkin.Bickers fell out in the first Leg,then came from midfield and won the second Leg.I was impressed by the kindness of Peter who handled his difficult job with Dignity.In my opinion this couple was unique for such a long period !I met Derry and Peter again at the Swiss Motorcycle Show in 1965 when we had good Fun together ! 1969 I was twice in England,in February for the Greeves Demo-Day at Wakes Colne and in September for the Grand Prix des Nations in Farleigh Castle.I met Peter,this jolly good Person the last time during the Greeves Demo-Day.He was definitly the most loyal Friend of Cobby !
        Just to give you some samples of my connection with Cobby:
        5th May 1969 I do hope that I can still count upon you as one of my best friends,Yours sincerely D.Preston Cobb,The Chief
        12th January 1971 Finally I would like to thank you sincerely for being a loyal friend to me for such a long time and I do hope that our association will continue to be happy for a considerable time.D.Preston Cobb
        19th April 1972 I would like to point out that we have done more for you than any other of our agents either in this country or the whole world by letting you have our production prototype D.Preston Cobb
        5th June 1973 I do hope that you will write me one of your long interesting letters,in the meantime I would be pleased if you would give my very kind regards to your charming wife and Mother and Father.Yours sincerely D.Preston Cobb
        31st. March 1977 Dear OO7(Derry gave me this Name ! )Just a short note to tell you that"The Chief" is retiring at the end of this week and I am writing to say how much I have enjoyed our association.I should like to wish you and your family every success in the future.Yours sincerely"The Chief"D.Preston Cobb
        My judgement about Peter Vine is honest,he was a human fellow !
        Yours truly Ernie

Comment

Grandad vine

Good morning Ernie,

Apologies for the long delay on replying to your message, and also thank you so much for your insight and lovely words towards my granddad. It is fantastic to hear such amazing stories about him.

Kind regards
          Michelle.

Comment

Found this one with Peter and Bert about 1970. Happy Christmas, Michelle.
            Attached Files
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Great to have you on board the GRA, what a wonderful start with this knowledge to share with us here thanks Dicky Faggetter

Comment

Thank you Colin for the picture. Another for my collection. Wish I had known him..
                Merry Christmas and I hope 2017 is full of happiness

Comment

Working...
                X