32A Chaincase Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32A Chaincase Oil

The rebuild my 1964 TES is still progressing. There is still a lot to do but I have entered it in a trial in 2 weeks time so the pressure is on.
    I am starting to think about oils and quantities and I have read the sticky in the forum and this leaves one question.
    My engine is a 32A fitted with the slimline? primary chaincase. It still has 32A stamped on the chaincase but the Villiers Service gasket did not fit and the chaincase does not fit flush against the crankcases.
    The chaincase has three bungs. One at the top to fill the chaincase and two on the bottom edge. There is no dip stick.
    When the sticky says to pour oil in till it comes out the level plug, the highest of the bottom bugs will only give me 10mm of oil in the bottom of the primary case. This will hardly touch the primary chain. Is this right or is there some guidance on oil quantity? I can't see anything in the Villiers manual.

Regards,
    Peter Barnett

This thread covers your query https://trials.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8488
    The higher bottom one is the level plug & bottom the drain. Only sufficient oil is required for the chain to just dip into. Too much will cause clutch slip.
    Villiers specify SAE 20 oil

Comment

Thanks John,

It won't be much oil.
      When I search for "chaincase" instead of "primary" I found suggestions of 100ml of oil on the forum.

regards,

Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X