25DB Petrol tank - painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25DB Petrol tank - painting

I'm enjoying my 25DB and am treating it as a RR. (No, not a Rolls Royce, a rolling restoration) The tank is looking decidedly tired, and over the winter, I'd like to get it refinished. I know about the colours being, shall we say, ill-defined so no worries on that score, but I'm not sure of the pattern in which they should be applied, nor of any lining that goes with them. Is there anywhere a photo or description of the tank that might help me? (Apologies to Admin. if this post is in the wrong place.)

Frank

Frank, here are some pics of my 24DC East Coaster tank, I think the pattern is about the same on all roadsters but would imagine knowing Greeves it varied a bit from batch to batch. Hopefully you will be able to work out the pattern from the photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, John

as ever, a mine of useful information. Excellent photos, and I shall use these when I get it done. I must say, the Eastcoaster is a very handsome bike. Want one! (but what would her indoors say, I wonder? " Not another one! How many bikes do you want?")

Comment

25DB Paint, etc.

Hi Frank,

Following on from JW's helpful pics, I wondered if this pic I dug out (attached) might also be useful to you for colour(s) reference.

Also, I had a quick look on the RS Bike Paints website (http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en/) and they stock suitable paint for your bike. Here's a link for you to check out, which shows the page on their website specific to your bike;

RS Bike Paint supply motorcycle & scooter paint for touch up, aerosol & spray gun use. Manufacturer colours matched, no paint code required - Honda Yamaha Ducati Kawasaki Triumph BMW Harley Suzuki Aprilia KTM Classic & Vintage

Finally, if it's ok with you guys I reckon this thread would be a really good one to add to the 'Paint' subforum in the 'Parts Sourcing' section. It's a tough call with a thread like this and it is completely appropriate to post it here in 'Roadbikes'...don't worry Frank-you have not transgressed!!! It's just that as we already have a few similar queries and info already in 'Paint', I reckon it makes sense to move the thread there to keep it all in the same place. Hope that's ok chaps! If you haven't already had a look Frank, do check out the other threads in 'Paint' as there are some handy links and other general info that may be useful as well.

Hope this helps,

Brian.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Brian

and by all means move it. I'm still finding my way around, plus the old brain-cells are not what they were.

Frank

Comment

My pleasure, and pleased to help out.

No worries Frank, and you're doing great by the way! Thanks to you and JW for the useful thread to add to the others here. It will help other members out as well, I'm sure.

Pleased that you're getting some enjoyment from the forum and your GRA membership-great to have you with us Frank!

Comment

Working...
            X