Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathfinder Green Paint (and other shades suitable for Greeves.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are quite right Dave , there is no definitive Moorland blue , all the shades on bikes are taken from inside hubs etc.

Even the paint from the makers came in different shades in different batches .

Just for interest there is Mark 12e on ebay , just possible I built up the nose , door and floorplan - my first job at Invacar/Greeves

Chris
    Last edited by riflegreen; 14/04/2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks chris, you didn`t do the door hinges, did you?.., but you ended up with one of the best jobs in the house. regards, dave.

Comment

Dave ,

The door slid on rollers , the one on ebay has the front one missing .

I was lucky , when a contract ended the assemblers ,( me ) , were found other jobs in the factory until the next contract started .

I went into the engine building shop , then the Service Dept. and then was asked if I wanted a job in the Comp Shop .

I said no , it didn't seem very interesting .

Chris

Comment

How awful Chris, having to work in the Comp shop, life must have seemed a b***er at the time.
          That Ice Blue 12e Invacar on Ebay certainly looks in a sorry state. I wonder, just what shade of Green is it that's growing on the bonnet?

Comment

That is jelly mould green Adrian .

It was a bit of a B----r Adrian , all I wanted to do was bulid Invacars .

Chris
            Last edited by riflegreen; 15/04/2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Brilliant Chris. You're not one of the 8 bidders are you? It looks a steal at £46.

Comment

I did think about it Adrian , they were a fun thing to drive , not as dangerous as made out to be .

That one has the engine & mounting missing and could be a problem to find .

There is later Model 70 , ( the AC version ), with the Puch engine on ebay and is a runner , they really were good to play with .

Chris

Comment

Don't recognise those ones , not Invacar , maybe for an AC .

The engine could be used , missing the right cradle and drive line .

Chris

Comment

green paint

Just to get back on to the topic of Pathfinder green paint. My Pathfinder was registered in 1971 and I have found 2 bits of the frame with the original colour. Having looked around for paint I came across a can of Rust-Oleum, which is a spray enamel ,with the colour name of Racing Green. I just happened to have the smallest part in my pocket, as one does, and lo and behold it was the best match I have come across so far.
                    I located their web site(rustoleumdirect.co.uk) and had a look around and came across their colour range. Forget RAL look at BS colours. Green! & blue! there is loads of them and I would not mind betting that this is probably where Greeves sourced their paint from in first place.

Mike.
                    Last edited by MikeV; 04/11/2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X