Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Belatedly Inevitable Return Of The Inevitable Caption Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me...this is actually a quote from the beloved American gangster movie...Scarface, quote of Al Paccino that most definitely applies here...

"Say Hello to my little friend!"

Rambleing Tammy

Comment

Where have you been hiding?!

Hi Tammy!

How's things?

Bought any more Greeves?

Tattoo all healed up now?

Nice to see you back!

Brian.

PS Check out the first post in this thread and see if you can come up with a caption for that pic! Plenty of inspiration here already! And by the way, there isn't anything friendly about those things....! I saw one eat a Xenomorph once!!!

Comment

I hear ya!

When I live in Idaho, a gentlman told my father in law that we could get the baled hay out of his field for free...catch...he had herds of these things. Women had never been around them before.

Sooo a male was all to close for me, checking me out and circling me....I tried to keep my eye on him as best I could rolling these hay bales to the truck...

Soooo when my father in law screamed my name...I didn't even look back I simply bolted as fast as I could for the truck....could see the darn thing coming after me in my peripheral vision and hear it smaking it's darn beak! I just made it to the truck...spent the rest of the afternoon with him looking in the window at me and pecking the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soo the American expresion goes.."I'll buy ya a beer but I won't go upstairs with ya!:"

Comment

oops..forgot some

Hi Brain!

I have been a slave to the sickness...LOL. The Wessex and Pathfinder from Canada needed a little TLC. Restored about 10 yrs ago...stale petrol in their tanks...so needed cleaned and treated. I LOVE EM!

Still working on a name for the Brittish Spec Wessex...for awhile she was called...forgive me No Start Mcfart. The points had gotten oil on them at some point and were going to ground...got that situated and she if fine..with the occasionaly sticky throttle due to a worn slide

Several other non greeves projects wound down...swore I wouldn't fight another old brand X carb and I have...finally threw in the towel and ordered a Mikuni today...darn brand x posessed!! No NOS slide or needle to be found...so what can ya do?

Good to be back, have missed the fun!
          Rambeling Tams

Comment

Great to hear your news Tammy.

Tammy, I think you have just come up with possibly the best caption for this thread so far without realising it....!!!

Bearing in mind that this pic was taken at the 1960 Scottish Six Days Trial....(I'll reattach the pic from post#1 here.)

Bert; So it's a 'No Start McFart' then......?!

Tammy, you crack me up! Keep up the excellent work!!!

PS Loved your Emu story! See chaps, everything I've been saying all along is all TRUE!!! Big respect for escaping in one peice Tammy, and lets hear it once again for Doris Ponsby Forsyth (and her favourite bird Nigel-who was actually an Ostrich but let's not split hairs!) I'm with you Tammy...hiding behind the hay bales!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/06/2012, 12:37 AM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

berts scottish

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
              ".......and this, Gentlemen, is a little something that Mr. Stonebridge knocked together for me from the box of Bickers' bent bits. I reckon it's the missing link. He calls it The Bickers Special.........or TBS for short"
              I will need my sungasses to ride tis mount ! are thr alloy guards supposed to be that shiney on a scottish Bert?

Comment

Nice Shades!

Dicky!!!!

Good one! Wouldn't be a proper 'Cap Comp' without you bud!

Thanks for joining in!

Comment

Bert to Ernie, ' why does Jack look like MY Muppet Character' ????

Hopeless I know,but my brain hurts

whitehillbillies

Comment

Welcome aboard WH!

Nice one!

Thanks for joining in!

Brian.

Comment

Okay...came to me right off when I looked at picture this am

Ernie proudly points out the new top of the line safety feature..."Relax both of you, what we have here is an eject button, so no matter what happens you can escape it, just don't hit it on accident!"

Have a good one all!
                      Tammy

Comment

Design change inspiration?

JS (pointing - and perhaps smiling smugly?)
                        Bert, methinks you are undone!

ES
                        I can't bear to look, it's 'orrible, all bent like a great ban***....

OBG
                        Hmmm..... that gives me an idea for a new design of front fork.

Comment

Banana eh`gudgeon, it could have been worse , we could all be riding around now with forks based on a small sausage......
                          Last edited by dave higgins; 04/09/2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

More Forks

I think the heavy-duty 'sausage forks' were fitted for the German ISDT when the route was wurst?

Comment

Working...
                            X