250 Griffon Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnu View Post
    Been so busy with work for the last few months that the Greeves had to take a back seat. However I do have a small update, I have formed the cones and tacked most of them for the exhaust. I also made my own version of the original header clamp as shown in the pictures below.
    Nice bit of work there John!

Comment

Finally a little bit of time to work on the bike. Got the pipe mostly done just need to make the rear bracket that mounts to the top shock bolt and find a suitable silencer.
      Attached Files

Comment

No real progress but here are a couple of pics of where I am at with the Griffon. Next job is the wheels so don't expect too much progress anytime soon as this is going to take a while. I am just going to strip the rear and polish the hub as it was originally and hopefully I can buff the spokes and rim and reassemble. I was going to use alloy rims but decided to go chrome in the end.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hub is polished and the spokes are going to be re-used as I tried one on the wire wheel and then polished on the buffer and it looks good.... 39 more to go! Brake bake plate is soda blasted. Also saved my made in England Dunlop rim too, it polished up well.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally got both my wheels finished and the tyres mounted (not my favorite job). I ended up staying with chrome rims. Build should go pretty quick now
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi john, i think when you first ride a bike after an extensive build....all the troubles of yesterday dissapear in an instant........its gonna be well worth the effort!.....enjoy.....

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Hi john, i think when you first ride a bike after an extensive build....all the troubles of yesterday dissapear in an instant........its gonna be well worth the effort!.....enjoy.....
                Yes I think you are right! Hoping to have it finished before Christmas (2015)

Comment

I pretty much have the front end done now. Just need to get some 1" grips and put oil in the forks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks superb

Really impressed with the look of this griffon..

Love the exhaust.

Scotty 151

Just to say that I have fitted 7/8 grips to inch bars with no problem.. the twist grip should be that size aswel
                    Last edited by scott151; 30/10/2015, 07:39 AM. Reason: Grip info

Comment

Good call on the grips Scott! I didn't think they would go on but plenty of hairspray (always use it as it lubricates to slide the grips on then glues them to the bar when it dries) and some muscle and done Also got my fuel line done so moving along pretty quick now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Vidal Baboon Dept.....

Great tip re the hairspray Johnu, I like it! Can't believe I've never heard that one before, very handy.

Of course....that's not the first time that 'creative' use of hair products has appeared on this forum..... See post #196 on this (otherwise!) excellent thread, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...+essex&page=20

By the way...the Griff is lookin' superb....a real credit to you John.

Brian.

Comment

Further to the hairspray, Pirelli tyres at BSB are fitted with hairspray as the lubricant, and as you say becomes an adhesive as it dries. Dogsbody

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                            Great tip re the hairspray Johnu, I like it! Can't believe I've never heard that one before, very handy.

Of course....that's not the first time that 'creative' use of hair products has appeared on this forum..... See post #196 on this (otherwise!) excellent thread, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...+essex&page=20

By the way...the Griff is lookin' superb....a real credit to you John.

Brian.
                            Ok you lost me on the hairspray and emu thing but funnily enough my friend use to have an emu in his back garden!!!! Its was a spooky thing with its beady eyes and then that drumming sound they make. Bloody thing would follow you around like a shadow
                            Last edited by johnu; 02/11/2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Ok peeps it's looking more like a bike everyday now! Still not finished but getting bloody close The rear mudguard is not the correct Greeves profile but it will do for now.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X