Tri-Greeves Paddle Hub Sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-Greeves Paddle Hub Sprocket

I currently have a 52T rear sprocket attached to the rear paddle hub on my Tri-Greeves and would like to replace that with a 47T (or thereabouts) sprocket. Does anyone know of a source for 5/8" x 3/8" sprockets for paddle hubs?

I can get one machined up as a one off but that is rather expensive. I was hoping that a later BSA 650 one might do but I haven't access to one to measure it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tony

Sprockets

Years ago there was a company in Wales, Roger Maughfling Engineering of Knucklas t/a Supersprox they did one offs at reasonable prices, sadly Roger has long since died but the firm still appear to be in business, http://knucklas.cylex-uk.co.uk/compa...-16777188.html worth a call. Another company that advertises one offs is Sprockets Unlimited
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 24/08/2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Sprockets

Talon Engineering will manufacture a sprocket for you on a one off basis, you may need to send your existing to copy the fixing holes.
      Certainly worth an email and they will quote you a guide price.

Comment

That amount of difference equates to about 1 tooth difference in the GB sprocket, would that be a better way round the problem?

Comment

Tri-Greeves Paddle Hub Sprocket

Thanks for the information. I've received one quote for a "blank" 47T sprocket, which would require further machining to fit, for c£44.

I've also been able to measure up a BSA sprocket which may need drilling but would fit.

The engine has a 20T gearbox sprocket fitted at present but still needs up-gearing a bit more for its intended use. Also the 57T sprocket that's fitted is an aluminium alloy one. and I would be replacing it anyway.

Thanks again for all your help,

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X