Latest list of survivors from Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Andrew Cooke

not sure if you have the details of my Sports Twin.. 61/4248 and engine no. 734B8804

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      not sure if you have the details of my Sports Twin.. 61/4248 and engine no. 734B8804
      A 32DC reg No YFU539. Engine number relates to a 2T originally fitted to James Superswift or Norman B3 or B4. So is it a 250 or 325? DVLA says 325.

Comment

From Mark Wilson Via FB Nicholson Motors page

unfinished Greeves
        $2,800 Now FREE
        Whittier, CA
        Wanting to sell the unfinished Greeves... extremely rare only two known to exist now.Special order by Nick Nicholson.
        Plenty of pics, this is the frame number.
        Attached Files

Comment

2 Pathfinders is USA

59C351 and 62N208 Otto de Jager USA

Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/03/2018, 06:49 PM. Reason: Pathfinder No amended

Comment

From Mark Wilson in California.

61/4014
            20MCS/2/120
            24TJSC 117
            56C 201

He has others he can't access at present and will get back when he can.

Comment

Otto now advises frame No of 2nd Pathfinder is 62N208 NOT 120. I have amended accordingly. This bike was recently for sale on eBay so presumably Otto bought it from there.

Comment

Another from Mark Wilson!

Another TJSC 279.

Comment

A few more!

Bruce Johnson USA 24MX5G321
                  Jeff Farnsworth USA 24MCS/2/478 and 24MD125
                  Garry Bamford UK 24MX5G 227 and 229. His pal (?) has 24MX5G232
                  Rod Simmons sold 24MX5D177

Comment

From Dermot Byrne in Dublin

Good afternoon Brian,
                    In response to your request on FB for information on “survivors” I have a number of Greeves motorcycles here in Dublin.
                    I raced Grass-track and Scrambles 1967-1976 thereafter trials on of Montesa manufacture machines. In period 1967 – 1975 I was mostly Greeves mounted, Hawkstone, MDS, Challengers and last 360cc before going to Husq for last season.
                    I have the following:
                    360cc fully restored bought in Dublin no frame number no idea of history.
                    Greeves Frame no: 60/2543 believed from Northern Ireland, frame fully chromed and with engine brackets for Bultaco engine believed raced. Presently I’m fitting Bultaco engine.
                    MCS Frame number 61/3867with square barrel under restoration.
                    MDS complete for restoration. Frame no 24MDS1126. Bought in Cork
                    Anglin complete for restoration. Frame no 24THSA115. Bought in Cork
                    Bought as Hawkstone with square barrel in Dublin being restored. Frame no 61/2740.
                    Road bike Frame no 20DC 396 under restoration. Bought in Waterford Dublin registration.
                    Frame no number, engine plates for Villiers 2T
                    Short stroke 250cc I bought new in Rutledge & Thompson Greeves Agent Dublin. Frame 24MX555.
                    Lovely bike to ride love it. Engine nothing but trouble brought crankshafts, pistons even cylinder studs. I bought second hand 360cc bike, switched engines and rode it with great success, at my level very pleased to have it back for restoration.
                    I also have MDS rolling chassis heavily bored engine cradle and top suspension mount with four position no engine number told it was once owned by Mervyn McConkey North Ireland supported rider.
                    Hope above is of assistance pleased to supply any other details that
                    you require.

Comment

60/2543 changed to 24DB

Good afternoon Brian,
                      In response to your request on FB for information on “survivors” I have a number of Greeves motorcycles here in Dublin.
                      I raced Grass-track and Scrambles 1967-1976 thereafter trials on of Montesa manufacture machines. In period 1967 – 1975 I was mostly Greeves mounted, Hawkstone, MDS, Challengers and last 360cc before going to Husq for last season.
                      I have the following:
                      360cc fully restored bought in Dublin no frame number no idea of history.
                      Greeves Frame no: 60/2543 believed from Northern Ireland, frame fully chromed and with engine brackets for Bultaco engine believed raced. Presently I’m fitting Bultaco engine.
                      MCS Frame number 61/3867with square barrel under restoration.
                      MDS complete for restoration. Frame no 24MDS1126. Bought in Cork
                      Anglin complete for restoration. Frame no 24THSA115. Bought in Cork
                      Bought as Hawkstone with square barrel in Dublin being restored. Frame no 61/2740.
                      Road bike Frame no 20DC 396 under restoration. Bought in Waterford Dublin registration.
                      Frame no number, engine plates for Villiers 2T
                      Short stroke 250cc I bought new in Rutledge & Thompson Greeves Agent Dublin. Frame 24MX555.
                      Lovely bike to ride love it. Engine nothing but trouble brought crankshafts, pistons even cylinder studs. I bought second hand 360cc bike, switched engines and rode it with great success, at my level very pleased to have it back for restoration.
                      I also have MDS rolling chassis heavily bored engine cradle and top suspension mount with four position no engine number told it was once owned by Mervyn McConkey North Ireland supported rider.
                      Hope above is of assistance pleased to supply any other details that
                      you require.
                      60/2543 is a 24DB roadster frame
                      61/2740 a 24DC roadster (not Hawkstone)
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/03/2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

From Peter Hayward

hi 24 tes408 mk2 engine no 32a 453dc3305 owned since 1972 nearing complete restoration in north oxon.

Comment

25DC in National Motorcycle Museum

Anyone know the frame number of this 25DC in the NMM
                          The museum wont reveal the number This statement from James Hewing
                          "Sorry, as a matter of policy we do not give out frame or engine numbers for any of the inventory"
                          Maybe if someone is visiting they can get it
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/03/2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

From Augusto Grasso in Italy

He did send these numbers before, but no harm in publishing again, particularly as he promises to meet with the Greeves importer, Domenico Rege, to see what records he has. I asked for stories etc from that time,

Anglian:
                            > 24TJSB260 16/07/1068
                            >
                            > PATHFINDER:
                            > 62C372 of 28/07/1972
                            > 59C412 of 10/07/1971
                            > 62B252 of 26/11/1971
                            > 59C417 of 23/07/1971
                            > 63A116 of 13/04/1973
                            > 59C398 of 14/06/1971

Comment

He did send these numbers before, but no harm in publishing again, particularly as he promises to meet with the Greeves importer, Domenico Rege, to see what records he has. I asked for stories etc from that time,

Anglian:
                              > 24TJSB260 16/07/1068
                              >
                              > PATHFINDER:
                              > 62C372 of 28/07/1972
                              > 59C412 of 10/07/1971
                              > 62B252 of 26/11/1971
                              > 59C417 of 23/07/1971
                              > 63A116 of 13/04/1973
                              > 59C398 of 14/06/1971
                              This guy must love Pathfinders
                              63A116 is a 380 QUB Griffon.