No announcement yet.

TFS Trail (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great Tony. Is it your Exeter trial bike?

Comment

The 'Neerg' Greeves!

Hi Tony,

Inspired choice of colour mate, works really well in my opinion. Ties in nicely with the 'Hunting Green' MX4's and is very 'Greeves'.

Looking good Tony, and hope it gives you a great ride in Devon.

Now then....do 'ammerite doo a nice shade of 'wolleY' for the next one....

Keep up the good work Tony, and thanks for sharing the latest, as always.

Brian.

Comment

The 2 1/2 gallon tank should give you a good range between fuel stops

Comment

I had a car that looked good, at night...well away from street lights....! Bike looks good, what bulb are you using in the front? Paul Goff does a range of upgrade / halogen bulbs for most applications. see www.norbsa02.freeuk.com

Comment

Once I have it wired on 12 volts, LED front and back. I have an 8 amp battery which will be trickled fed from a boosted 6 volt to 12 volts : - hopefully. If not I will think about putting on electronic ignition with the lighting coils.
            I have used Paul Goff however I find he is not the most competitive price wise

Comment

Fabrication.

Hey Tony, I meant to add in my last post a 'well done' on those lighting brackets as well.

They look plenty good enough to me, and as you say they'll do the job just fine.

Nice one mate!

Brian.

Comment

Thanks Brian, probably they won't win an Award in Greeves monthly or Fabricators fortnightly
                As long as they hold the lamp so I can see where I am, particularly in the lanes back from work.
                - and don't you think Woolley is a tad brash for my taste?

Comment

Does anyone know the paint code for Moorland Creosote.....?

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  - and don't you think Woolley is a tad brash for my taste?
                  ......errr.....no!!

Go on go on go on go on go on go on.....yer will yer will yer will......(Father Ted reference...)

Besides, I reckon Wolley is a great colour for Greeves.....but then, you know me when it comes to bananas.....

Here's one just begging for one of your amazing transformations mate......(and somebody's already made a start on the tank....bit more work with the trowel and it'll be mint!!)

Brian.

PS For the more serious minded, discussing Bananas on this forum cannot be construed as drivel because Mr Greeves used 'em on his bikes.....I seen a picture....so yar boo shucks! Besides, it's just a bit of fun.....isn't it?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 22/10/2016, 10:07 PM. Reason: Pics added.

Comment

That yellow one is now egnaro, the blue on is now green and the silver, well that is still silver - keep up 😀😀😀.
                    Trouble is that I only have one Ranger left and that is going to be as original,
                    Well probably,
                    While we are talking fruit, at least I still have a pear ( ) of Rangers on the way to completion.

Comment

Fruitician!

Nice one Tony!

Brian.

(.....just off to the greengrocers for more inspiration/paint code info...)

Comment

At least it's not avocardo.....

Comment

Wiring

Just started wiring the bike for night time use. LED front and rear, the rear Wipac light I am changing so the bulb is horizontal which is needed for the LED.
                          The wires are in place and everything works as it should, though I have not wired in the Miller switch yet .
                          Since the lights etc are running off the battery this should not be too complicated (it is for me )

I need to know whether the switch I have is suitable and which wire goes where.

I have the red wire + earth ---all lights have a dedicated earth
                          The wire for the headlight and tail light
                          The main beam
                          The parking bulb

Effectively four wires, here is the switch

So which wire goes where?

Comment

Tony
                            Try wiring it to Wiring Diagram - 1959 20TA + 24TA, 1958 20TA + 25TA, 1956-7 20T. posted by Brian T in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ghting+diagram

Comment

Flux Capacitance.

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                              Tony
                              Try wiring it to Wiring Diagram - 1959 20TA + 24TA, 1958 20TA + 25TA, 1956-7 20T. posted by Brian T in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ghting+diagram
                              Hi Tony,

The diagram is in post #2, hope it helps.

...and while you've got the blow lamp out....any chance you could re-wire my old Fender Strat while you're at it....

Twanger.

Comment

More chance of repairing your Fender Strat than sorting the wires
                                I had a look at the drawings and had a glass of wine. Did not make any more sense, so I had another glass of wine - nothing makes sense now
                                My switch has only got 4 connecting points as it stands at the moment

One must be for the parking bulb, one for headlamp and tail combined (separate switch for main beam) and a connection for earth

Joining by numbers would be good

(you could then use the numbers for the lottery)

Comment

Working...
                                X