Anglian Enduro 2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian Enduro 2 project

Although it seems to run okay a strip down was needed as the frame was out of alignment.

Having stripped it down, with some difficulty, there were a few cracks as well that needed sorting
    and the old spindle was seized solid as well.
    As it was the hollow type it had probably bent making further removal even more difficult.

Nasty crack in the down tube

Major surgery was carried out by Dave Higgins whose invisible repair and spindle brackets and straightening will give the bike a new lease of life.

Thanks Dave

Not as hard a life as it has had to get into the state it was

Once I have checked the wheel alignment it is off to be powder coated.

ready to get back together

Back from the Powder Coaters and bearings pressed in by Dave, ready for the engine and all the other bits.

Comment

Looks lovely Tony..

Nice to see you Sunday..

Regards

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott, I just hope it all goes back together as it should

Comment

Footrest rubber or what?

Can anyone tell me what goes on the footrest, it was bound up with duck tape.

and don't say a foot

Comment

Footrest

Hi Tony

Can't help with a definitive answer to your question. Clearly, a case for conversion to a modern fold up footrest. The sky is the limit when it comes to materials and budget.

Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil, I wanted to keep the original fold up one and see whether I can find/make a more modern shape that clips over the existing piece.

Comment

OK, despite the fact that I've owned a Greeves for 40 years, I'm about to display some ignorance. I have always assumed that the aluminium headstock was held to the steel frame using a combination of fit and epoxy. Have I been wrong all these years? The reason I ask is that in this thread (and others I think) there is reference to powder coating the frame. I have only ever wet painted the frame in the belief that the 200 deg C cure temperature for powder coating would be risky.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinLS View Post
                  OK, despite the fact that I've owned a Greeves for 40 years, I'm about to display some ignorance. I have always assumed that the aluminium headstock was held to the steel frame using a combination of fit and epoxy. Have I been wrong all these years? The reason I ask is that in this thread (and others I think) there is reference to powder coating the frame. I have only ever wet painted the frame in the belief that the 200 deg C cure temperature for powder coating would be risky.
                  Not so, the steel tube was cast in, so no problem with powder coating at 200 degrees C. but only the steel bit needs painting the alloy beam is as cast.

Comment

Going a bit off the thread, it is about trying to update existing foot pegs

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                      Going a bit off the thread, it is about trying to update existing foot pegs
                      Not really, Tony its about your Anglian Enduro project in general. You mentioned earlier (and posted a pic) that it had come back from powder coaters, so its relevant that someone should ask about the beam & steel tube in relation to the heat applied.

Comment

Issue is that the thrust of the thread gets lost, better to ask the question in a new thread, where it can be answered specifically. Personally I like to keep threads pertinent to the question been asked so those with the expertise can give concise answers.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                          Issue is that the thrust of the thread gets lost, better to ask the question in a new thread, where it can be answered specifically. Personally I like to keep threads pertinent to the question been asked so those with the expertise can give concise answers.
                          That's the right principle, Tony. Thanks.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Desert tank

I have this 3.5 US Gallon tank, which I believe were used a lot for desert racing. Looks nice on the US Spec Anglian Enduro, the red colour would be nice - Does anyone know what colour red it is - apart from moorland red.

Comment

Anglian Enduro

I would think that Roger Ennis will know the correct red as he makes the red Anglian tank.
                              Like all involved with Greeves bikes he is very helpful.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X