Something a bit different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something a bit different

Here's a matching pair of MX4/BSA specials I photographed today. Thought you guys would appreciate them. The twin is 744cc and souped-up to flat-track spec.

They're real crackers and beautifully engineered.

The owner? All will be revealed (probably) in due course...
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

BSA Greeves

Very nice Colin. Did you get the opportunity for close up shots of how the engines sit in their respective frames?

Certainly a credit to their builder. When will the mystery name be revealed?

Will they appear in the Specials chapter of your book?

Regards

Phil

Comment

Super Specials

Hi Colin,

Great looking machines, really well put together.

I know the owner has a great eye for detail.

All I can say is that he is NOT related to the stig

Scotty #151#

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
        Very nice Colin. Did you get the opportunity for close up shots of how the engines sit in their respective frames?

Certainly a credit to their builder. When will the mystery name be revealed?

Will they appear in the Specials chapter of your book?

Regards

Phil
        The photo-shoot was for the book. The photos are high definition so I can zoom in on assembly details for you guys once the book's gone to the publisher and I've time to breathe.

They're both MX4 frames , as you can see, and he's used the crankcase as a stressed member rather than using engine plates - that's how he managed to get the twin engine to sit low enough.

You know who the Stig is then, do you Scottie?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the triple that was under construction a few years back, in a road frame I believe?.......... I saw it in one of the Leadink Link editions some time ago now. But never could find out whether or not it had been finished. I know it created quite a lot of comments at the time.

Comment

Mystery man

Colin,

Can't wait for the new book to come out, any idea when it will be published?

As to the mystery man, you would be amazed at what I know

Regards

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by Gr11mpy View Post
              Does anyone know what happened to the triple that was under construction a few years back, in a road frame I believe?.......... I saw it in one of the Leadink Link editions some time ago now. But never could find out whether or not it had been finished. I know it created quite a lot of comments at the time.
              I don't know what happened about that one; I live in hopes that one day it will emerge. Brilliantly mad idea, wasn't it?

Scott, all I know is that it won't be until the New Year, but I'll try to get an idea of the publisher when I submit the copy.
              Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 28/09/2013, 08:16 AM. Reason: Added book info
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
              X