Allie Camerons 150cc bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allie Camerons 150cc bikes

Thought I would start another thread on Allie Cameron's 150cc trials bikes, the subject has previously been mentioned in other threads but I think it warrants a thread on on its own.
    As far as I can see Allie had three bikes reduced to below 150cc to contest the 150 cup in the Scottish. They were:
    XWC264 in the 1963 Scottish, he is also recorded as riding NEV5C & LVX4C (frame number 24TFS358) in the 1965 Scottish. But surely he could have only ridden one bike in 1965 so was NEV & LVX the same bike? Or is the registration number wrong in https://trialsguru.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/268/ where it states he rode NEV5C
    What were the frame numbers of XWC264 & NEV5C ?
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/03/2017, 12:14 PM.

I brought OVW 65D in 1996 which is the 150cc bike Allie used in the 1966 Scottish Six Day Trial. When I brought the bike the advert said it was Mr Greeves bike ! ,I didn't know it Allies bike but after talking to Andrew King he told me some history and managed the retain the original reg number.Frame number is 24TG375. The two photos are of Allie riding the bike in the 1966 SSDT which is in Ralph Venables book British Trials Motorcycles "The Men and Their Machines" (thanks to Dave McGregor for finding the photo) ,the second photo is the bike as I brought it. I sold the bike to Don Morley and don't know what happened to it after that.
    I also spoke to Chris Goodfellow about the bike and he said it was quote "quite a historic bike and I worked on it many times ,it was sort of Bert's bike ,he never had a personal bike we gave him what ever was sitting in the workshop unused. It was then given to P Hudson Derry Preston Cobb's sister " unquote
    When I got the bike it had Anglian engine full width front hub and red Anglian tank and a TES exhaust which was rather loud.
    OVW 65D where are you?
    Simon
    Attached Files

Comment

Ovw65d

OVW65D is on SORN so someone has it, maybe still with Don Morley?
      Presumably the 150cc engine was kept by Allie Cameron or Greeves & the bike re fitted with the standard 250 engine before it was sold. Frame number is 24TG375 (no S)
      Presumably the engine was a 31C Villiers 148cc unit.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/03/2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Last keeper change on OVW65D was 17/3/12, previous 5/8/08, 16/2/08, 14/4/05 & 23/6/03 so dont know where you fit in Simon. The engine number is S1405P1925 (I wonder if this should read 405D which I think would be 31C 150cc unit)

More about the 31C engine in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4294 Looks like OVW65D was originally fitted with a 31C engine
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/03/2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: link to earlier thread on 31C engines added

Comment

I don`t fit in any of them I sold the bike late 2001 .

Comment

Xwc 264 20te110

The 1962-64 Greeves Loan Register shows Andy Cameron's XWC 264 as frame number 20TE110 fitted with engine 31C 373S 227 the S probably designating it as a special. The bike is shown on register as being sold to J Savage 31/10/63. Where is it Now? its not shown on the DVLA as having a V5c.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/04/2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

still would like any information on 24TF 357 reg LEV 112C whilst I still have the bike

Comment

Villiers engine numbers

John, The 31C Villiers engine number you quote may have a transcription error as according to the list supplied by John Wood Villiers only reached "F" (ie. 123F 4567) with the first 4 letters /number referring to an engine type and how it was equipped, ie. 3 or 4 speed, 6 or 12 volt electrics and so on.
                Cheers Pete from the Antipodes

Comment

Originally posted by hawkie197 View Post
                  John, The 31C Villiers engine number you quote may have a transcription error as according to the list supplied by John Wood Villiers only reached "F" (ie. 123F 4567) with the first 4 letters /number referring to an engine type and how it was equipped, ie. 3 or 4 speed, 6 or 12 volt electrics and so on.
                  Cheers Pete from the Antipodes
                  The number is exactly as written in the Greeves loan list, hand written so unlikely to be a typing error. It is known that Villiers supplied a number of pre-production & special engines under 'non standard' numbers. See my thread showing the loan list, and also a non standard serial numbered 4T engine http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=6811
                  In the case of Allie Cameron's bike, the engine would presumably been 'breathed on' with possible non standard inners.
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/07/2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

My old Allie Cameron Anglian OVW65D frame number 24TG375 has turned up for sale at Ideal Motorcycles West Sussex
                    Simon

Comment

Yes for SIX THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED & FIFTY POUNDS http://www.idealmotorcycles.co.uk/sh...nglian-trials/

Comment

That's a lot of money. Looking at the photos the front wheel has since been changed, as has the exhaust, modern handlebars too, looks like any other Anglian. Still, it does have that history.

I remember visiting Don Morley with my dad in the late 90s and he had a number of interesting works Greeves trials bikes.

Comment

OVW65D is for sale at H&H auction at Nat Motorcycle Museum 2/11/19 estimate £4000 to £5000 https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-det...%2F%3Fpage%3D2

Comment

Working...
                          X