Holeshot special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holeshot special

Is there any race we are invited to that has a Holeshot Prize?
    Attached Files

Blimey Brian, that looks genuine, not one of our photo-shopped creations.

Bit like riding a bomb (or an Me 163), I would imagine!
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 08/02/2017, 05:55 PM.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Bombs Away.....!

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      Bit like riding a bomb.....
      Of course Colin, 'Bomb Riding', that pinnacle of extreme sporting endeavour, is in fact not without historical precedent, as the attached pics worringly demonstrate....

bRiAn.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/02/2017, 07:54 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

With everything mounted on the swinging arm it looks like a tragic increase in unsprung weight. But that may be the least of his problems.

Comment

Don't forget the German, Hanna Reitsch who, apart from test flying the V1 Doodlebug, also test flew the ME163! She sounds just the 'chap' for that Greeves, assuming she didn't have a go on it back in the day!

Comment

And here she is, flying the Clockwork Sparrow. Plus a bonus shot...

(Beat you to it, Brian)
            Attached Files
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

There is an ME163 at East Fortune museum, it really is tiny, not something you would want to fly by choice.

Dogsbody

Comment

No Rob, i am not going to be the Compo test rider, you are about to nominate!!!
                be good entertainment though at the GREEVES DAY this year

Comment

Mavis has had a 'makeover'......and she's up for it.....!!

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Don't forget the German, Hanna Reitsch who, apart from test flying the V1 Doodlebug, also test flew the ME163! She sounds just the 'chap' for that Greeves, assuming she didn't have a go on it back in the day!
                  Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                  And here she is, flying the Clockwork Sparrow. Plus a bonus shot...

(Beat you to it, Brian)
                  Yes chaps, without doubt a most courageous and handsome woman......

But let's be honest......when it comes to a job like this there's really only one candidate in the running that has all the attributes required, not to mention style.....and I have to say she's scrubbed up rather well since she completed that 'Guinness and Lard' diet......

bRiAn.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/02/2017, 06:42 PM. Reason: Pin-up attached......!!!

Comment

Why didn't she finish shaving before she got on the bomb?!

Now that's a point Dangerous Dick mentioned! How did we ever forget him? He could be used for the 'Destructive Phase' of testing.

Made for it I would say and then he could test fly Mavis afterwards as a comparison (in both performance and damage factors).

Comment

Diamond tipped tungsten carbide razor blades....by Bic, Industrial Division.

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Why didn't she finish shaving before she got on the bomb?!
                      Hi Rob! ()

.....I know mate.....and it wasn't like I didn't tell her.....

I think she's worried her legions of 'admirers' won't recognise her since she lost all that weight if she loses the goatee as well....

bRiAn.

Comment

Working...
                      X