Acu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acu

You won't have to worry about competition if the EU get there way some of you must have had the same email re VNUK insurance fiasco!!!!!

Yess.....a threat to all off-road vehicles of all types, if the EU accepts the judgement of this case. I get the feeling that the original case would have been covered by workplace insurance in this country, but because it was in Slovakia, maybe their regime is different.
    For anyone not up to speed on this case, it was a case brought by a gent who was knocked off a ladder in a barn, by a trailer drawn by a tractor. The precedent set by the award of damages has caused repercussions throughout the EU and both the ACU and the 4 wheel Motor Sports Assoc. have been working on "our" version of what might be needed.
    Even if we leave the EU in the next few years, expect this bomb-shell to land on our doorsteps, as there will be plenty of pressure put on the authorities to make sure that all vehicles, from Formula 1 down to buggies for the disabled, to have insurance in place at all times. On SORN???? They will try to get your collection bikes included as well.
    Please find the GOV document and read it, then add your name to the petitions and respond to the official document.

Comment

History repeats

Not the first time this has happened. It will also include anything with an internal combustion engine, mowers, strimmers.......... The last time they wanted registration plates.

Early doors on the petition, we shall see.

Comment

I have signed and requested an exemption at a minimum for Greeves riders

Comment

Kim, you might need exemption for "Husky-hauled bicycles" as well!

Comment

Good one Brian 👍😂

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
              I have signed and requested an exemption at a minimum for Greeves riders
              Gotta get as many as poss to sign it kim, don`t know if it`ll be any good, but it can`t hurt.......

Comment

Signed... Total nonsense..

Comment

Signed. Sooner Brexit the better. Get on with it TM. Pleese!
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Personally I don't see this happening. I cannot believe that Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Audi, Porsche etc. would stop all motorsport activity in Europe when millions of euros are spent on advertising and development plus thousands of jobs being lost. Then we have countries like Spain with four MotoGP races, Formula1 and WSBK, France, Germany and Italy with Formula1, WEC, MotoGP and so on. Then there is Bernie Ecclestone to contend with . Do you see him losing money? I don't think so
                    Dogsbody

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                      Personally I don't see this happening. I cannot believe that Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Audi, Porsche etc. would stop all motorsport activity in Europe when millions of euros are spent on advertising and development plus thousands of jobs being lost. Then we have countries like Spain with four MotoGP races, Formula1 and WSBK, France, Germany and Italy with Formula1, WEC, MotoGP and so on. Then there is Bernie Ecclestone to contend with . Do you see him losing money? I don't think so
                      Dogsbody
                      Hi db, on what i have read, it seems the eu ruling, in effect will require all of us taking part in motorsprt to have a third party insurance in place.
                      Now if you are in a racing/sporting situation, the premiums are going to be high, which in affect will kill off most of the ordinairy bloke type sports.
                      As you say, this premium probably will not affect the big money sports, but for the average guy taking riding his bike at the local scramble/trials etc, then a high premium will almost certainly put an end to most of the sports as we know it.
                      Another point is that if in lnsurance is required, it would not be long before the injury lawyers 4u lot get hold of it & turn it into a cash cow.....nah! its a bad thing!.... .....anyway on that note....merry xmas everyone......

Comment

Working...
                      X