No announcement yet.

Griffon ISDT possibly for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that year a wet one ? as if so mud in the fins could have contributed to it as this has happened before in enduros

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
      Was that year a wet one ? as if so mud in the fins could have contributed to it as this has happened before in enduros
      No not particularly wet, although there were lots of bogs, I think Brian C's suggestion of a 'cold siezure' with barrel running too cold was more like the problem, coupled to what Druid has said about compression ratio. Obviously the army boys had not done their homework & detuned the engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Leo Cordingley has put this teaser on Facebook. Now comes the questions.....Do any of our esteemed senior members have any info on why they were such a disaster at the ISDT. From what is wrote in various good books, they suffered from probable siezures and the story also recalls parts being sent to the Isle of Man to try to rectify them. Leo reacted to my story by saying that he and his father had used the bike with no problems over a number of years. I'd have it myself but for the fact that if I got on it, my lack of talent would be only too obvious!
        It was this one NHM180P frame number 63F403 http://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1975-gree...n-enduro/11608

Comment

Just to update, Stan Cordingly sadly died recently.

Comment

During a recent conversation with Graham Jackson of Blackpool he told me that he once owned the 380 ISDT Griffon that was owned by the late Stan Cordingley, Graham said the bike was ridden by Sgt Eddie Brown in the 75 ISDT, from a previous post this is NHM180P frame number 63F403
            Stan Cordingley's son Leo apparently rides it in Vinduro's.

Comment

Vinduro?

Events for old farts like me who can't manage proper events? Tell me more.

Comment

Working...
              X