No announcement yet.

A.g.m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that like Eastenders only with petroil instead of unwanted pregnancies?

Comment

It's like soap, but without the lather.....

Spot on Rob, and I think that topic was covered in series #607.....

Of course, one of the main 'story arcs' concerns ethanol in modern pump fuel, and I think The Tharg Family made a cameo appearance in a few episodes....

bRiAn (GRA Christmas Repeats TV Scheduling Dept.)

Comment

I am looking forward to your Yuletide Competition, with great enthusiasm (Mr Cox,) i mean Thompson we need some sort of Festive joy to partake in,! as even our sport is suffering from the wranglings of Bureaucracy , (well in the trials department anyway), the ACU and all the other nimbi es, pulling events backwards with more legislation, etc.

Comment

The Return Of The Inevitable.......

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
          I am looking forward to your Yuletide Competition, with great enthusiasm (Mr Cox,) i mean Thompson we need some sort of Festive joy to partake in,! as even our sport is suffering from the wranglings of Bureaucracy , (well in the trials department anyway), the ACU and all the other nimbi es, pulling events backwards with more legislation, etc.
          Wotcha mate,

It's funny you should say that Dicky......the bit about the traditional festive compo that is.... Yours is not the only festive cap comp request that has been received here at Thompson Towers in recent times, so it looks like once again I will be trawling the depths of the Thompson Archives in search of comedic oblivion and humorous culdesacs in order to appease the huge demand (from both of you....) so watch this (hyper) space.....

Now then...about this Brian Cox geezer.......! Firstly, I reckon our old mate (and much missed on here...) Andy Z knows more about particle physics and quantum mechanics than that ex D'Reem keyboard player......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtK0E50OLc (Look out for the groovy bloke with the long hair on the keyboard.....)

And secondly, I'd like to point out that Mr Cox has never even been in a Tardis, or a real UFO either come to that, and furthermore.....I have been mistaken for this bloke (see pic 1 and 2) a few times (true!) but never John Culshaw, so there....!!!!

STARGAZING LIVE - BACK TO EARTH - JON CULSHAW IMPRESSION OF BRIAN COX.Broadcast Date: Tuesday 17 January 2012 (BBC/UK).

Professor Thompson.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/12/2016, 03:33 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Great Brian awaiting your next installments of festive humor., have been trawling on u tube the guitar solos of most of the original solo masters , around our area the local pubs used to have, and still do Willy Austin who has been going for years, but his sidekick who was a great guitarist died 3 years ago and that was Big Jim Sullivan , he accompanied Eric Clapton and many others also, i just love to hear a solo played well ,hanging on to notes superb. cheers Brian.

Comment

Brian....isn`t that gregory peck in pic 1........

Comment

Nigel Tuffnel....?

.....yes bud, tis indeed our Geoffrey from sarf Landon.....mate of Eric and Jimi.....ex of the Yardbirds....or then again, it might be this geezer from Spinal Tap.....

Brian.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                  To right dick, if enough people prod the mirth master nicely.......he might just do it.......a good old festive fun pack is our Brian.. ( also pretty good on a banjo )
                  Lets see what comes down the chimney.....

Comment

It all depends on......

bRiAn.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Quote: To right dick, if enough people prod the mirth master nicely.......he might just do it.......a good old festive fun pack is our Brian.. ( also pretty good on a banjo )

So, how long have you been suffering from that nasty banjo bug, Brian?
                      My apologies if you caught it off of me!

Comment

Dr Higgo's been at the emu oil again......!!

Hi John,

I think what has happened here is that Dave saw the attached pic and it reminded him of me (or Professor Brian Cox).....or something..... (It was still a very nice compliment though! )

Having said that, I am seriously considering taking the plunge next year and bagging myself a five string...... I actually had one many years ago during my 'experimental' period...I also had a sitar.......(no, really!)

Hey mate, I spotted a good banjo joke today.....Did you hear the one about the banjo player who was so badly out of tune that the other banjo players started to notice.....? (!) Yep, with material like that it's a grand fraternity that I think I should definitely be a part of......

Brian.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Condolences

It comes to us all, I guess, Brian. You have my sympathies .......
                          But Welcome aboard ............ if you're sure that's what you want?

Comment

just

Just got the LL last week si i now know but remeber i may have to book accomodation ?

saw a telly for sale other day in shop for a pound

ad said volume broken max volume

i thought -"i cant turn that down"

Comment

Nice one Gary...sounds like a classic Tim Vine special...........

Comment

You can't polish a tur...key.....!!

Likewise Gaz, good one!

You know, a geezer once offered to sell me a Rolls Royce for £20.....only problem was it didn't have any doors fitted....That's no good, I thought.....how am I going to get in...??!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X