Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jean Sutton's Tri-Greeves (Triumph Greeves Trailbike.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just revisiting this thread. Looks like GAR 7K changed owner in August 2019 when a new V5c was issued.its still untaxed since 1/8/79 The frame number of GAR 7K is 24TES102 so based on a TES.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/04/2022, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Point 1. Jean rode the Tri-Greeves up until she had a major accident that happened in the Forest of Dean area, when a car hit her while running in a Press BMW. She made a good recovery and rode the little Honda quite well despite the prosthetic. I believe she suffered from MS and passed on some years ago.
      Point 2. Dick only died within the last few months, having lived in Llandrindod Wells for a number of years. As previous posts indicate, number plates were somewhat flexible....as Dick said, a 500 Triumph is a 500 Triumph....actual plate used depended on which had road tax paid.
      Point 3. Dick wouldn't let anyone else ride Jean's bike as he said it wouldn't take the punishment that a male rider would give it. That didn't stop him riding it in various observation trials.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Point 1. Jean rode the Tri-Greeves up until she had a major accident that happened in the Forest of Dean area, when a car hit her while running in a Press BMW. She made a good recovery and rode the little Honda quite well despite the prosthetic. I believe she suffered from MS and passed on some years ago.
        Point 2. Dick only died within the last few months, having lived in Llandrindod Wells for a number of years. As previous posts indicate, number plates were somewhat flexible....as Dick said, a 500 Triumph is a 500 Triumph....actual plate used depended on which had road tax paid.
        Point 3. Dick wouldn't let anyone else ride Jean's bike as he said it wouldn't take the punishment that a male rider would give it. That didn't stop him riding it in various observation trials.
        Brian If I recall correctly Jean's bike had a 350 Triumph engine, it now looks to have a 490. Andy Thomas of Gaydon still has GAR7K
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/04/2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, it was a 500 with the softest settings available. Dick may well have put his initials somewhere on that engine, worth checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            As far as I know, it was a 500 with the softest settings available. Dick may well have put his initials somewhere on that engine, worth checking.
            Checking with current owner Andy Thomas he confirms it has always been a 500. Dont know about engine but Dick Sutton added his initials to frame number ie DS24TES102 thats whats recorded on V5c.

Comment

Working...
            X