No announcement yet.

2017 Mortimer Team Race ... Who is in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kim and chaps. I will throw my hat in the ring to help out for the 100miler. My griffon is unlikely to be ready by then so happy to be pit crew or whatever. Is there a timetable of events etc. Its another 3hr drive for me so need to plan ahead a bit. Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Welly View Post
      Hi Kim and chaps. I will throw my hat in the ring to help out for the 100miler. My griffon is unlikely to be ready by then so happy to be pit crew or whatever. Is there a timetable of events etc. Its another 3hr drive for me so need to plan ahead a bit. Paul
      Hi Paul,
      Bring a sleeping bag and stay for the BBQ leg burning and drinks. The Greeves race is the following day.
      I think Kim stays in the nearby premier inn (big poof)

Comment

You are assuming he will survive the 100 miler! Be there about 9am to scrub the polished mahogany decks of the Blu Marine transporter, re-assemble the Greeves hostility unit and clear up all the offcuts of tank tape and tiewraps. Then the fun starts....Practice is usually followed by frantic rebuilding, then the event starts proper.
        The start is conventional-ish. Bike holder and run and kick start, then 15 minutes on track. At the end of that, the riders are directed into a stopping area where the transponder is taken off and is RUN to the next bike waiting on the line. The rider RUNS (!) to the pit box and is stripped of the number vest which is fitted to the next rider who RUNS to his machine, already running and fitted with the transponder. This is repeated until nobody can run any more or we run out of running bikes.
        I hope that explains it.....but we need someone young and energetic who does the transponder run 8 times without collapsing!
        If you know any firemen, tell them to come for the BBQ....

Comment

100 miler

Spoke to my son last evening and he says that he would ride in the team if needed. He knows the track quite well. Would you like me to get him to enter?

Comment

Hi Guys so we have two full Greeves teams already . We are trying to get our third ..... Mark Larter and his mate need 2 more so if your son is up for it we only need one more rider .
            Coxy is in another team but not on his Greeves (traitor &#128514
            I will enjoy beating him !
            The more the merrier if we could get 4 Greeves teams that would be outstanding !!!

Comment

Cheers Kim for putting request on for riders for team race. Are we now up to three riders with Andrew (Stan) Green, Mikes Son and myself one more and we need to think of a team name any suggestions?

Comment

Yes u are up to 3 .... Plenty of time to get a 4th rider before we have to press gang Dangerous Dick !!
                And yes u need a witty Greeves related name ! ... Thommo time for me f your famous naming competitions !! And help from the chuckle bros would be appreciated !! Cheers Kim

Comment

We've managed to come up with a team name Greeves 2 smokes, sorry but it's the best I can do!

Comment

Awesome name Mark sounds good
                    To Paul Brian's advice is good it all kicks off at 9 ish Saturday . Camping available Friday night or as Craig intimates if u r a southern lager shandy drink g poofta then the travel lodge reading M4 WEST bound is less than a mile from the track ! Can't wait

Comment

Just got my entry in along with Josh's.

Looking forward to the trip. Looking forward to the track. Looking forward to meeting old friends.

Should I bring a gas BBQ or will we just sit about and watch the chairman set fire to himself again?

Comment

Craig great news sod the Gas BBQ
                        The RobBQ with Chairgrilledman is much more entertaining !!!
                        Will sort my entry out this weekend !

Comment

Great to see a third team in the mix, so a super weekend in prospect! We're still a man down as well. One of our original team being on holiday overseas(a lame excuse in my book) while a second is to go for an op the day before. Just how inconsiderate can some people be . Mind you with meetings each of the three previous weekends whose to say that bikes and bodies will still be capable of taking part

Comment

Hey Soggy,
                            Just seen your other post for a gearbox.
                            I can lend you my spare JN reconditioned box for Mortimer if you can get the rest of the bike ready.
                            Don't ask to buy it as I have 4 Griffon race bikes and need the spares but you are welcome to borrow it for the race. Plenty of time (and beer) to stick it in on the Friday night.

Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
                              Spoke to my son last evening and he says that he would ride in the team if needed. He knows the track quite well. Would you like me to get him to enter?
                              hi Mike has your son got his entry in ?
                              All we are still looking for a final rider for team Greeves 2 Smokers .... Can't me on lads . I spoke to Mark Nosher and he is keeping entries of en till this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                                Hey Soggy,
                                Just seen your other post for a gearbox.
                                I can lend you my spare JN reconditioned box for Mortimer if you can get the rest of the bike ready.
                                Don't ask to buy it as I have 4 Griffon race bikes and need the spares but you are welcome to borrow it for the race. Plenty of time (and beer) to stick it in on the Friday night.

Let me know
                                Thanks for the offer Craig, but rest of the bike won't be ready, and I've already committed to be pit crew, and I don't think my 'basic' riding skills would be best suited to a team race situation. that's enough excuses....really looking forward to it though.

Kim, I was going to set off early Saturday morning by car, but hoping to bring the motorhome down and stay Friday night instead. You mentioned camping is available, but is there room for a big 6 berth motorhome?

And if anyone needs a bed for the Friday night, you are welcome to partake in the luxury - I promise to be gentle. PM me

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X