speedo head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo head

the cast alloy part that holds the speedo and bars , did this come in two different sizes , one for a small speedo and one for the standard size speedo ? thanks

Originally posted by craig View Post
    the cast alloy part that holds the speedo and bars , did this come in two different sizes , one for a small speedo and one for the standard size speedo ? thanks
    Have a look at this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ousings&page=3
    Small one for UK market Large one for USA market

Comment

Hi Craig - the one on all the American models is the larger size which takes the Smiths speedometer SSM5002/00A.
      These binnacles are made for 1 inch bars, however on the Ranger and other models alloy inserts were used to clamp them tight.
      Paul (07831421455) from Cotton Villiers had some of the smaller binnacles (reproduction),
      he is at the VMCC auto jumble at Shepton Mallet tomorrow. I still have a large reproduction one if that is what you need.

Comment

thanks just wanted to confirm I had the right one (just bought a small smiths to fit)
        Attached Files

Comment

There is a large one on eBay in USA for £200:

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
            thanks just wanted to confirm I had the right one (just bought a small smiths to fit)
            That CEV speedo is interesting, friend of mine has a 100mph version, what makes of bike did they fit? Greeves always used Smiths.

Comment

no idea but I guessed was the wrong one so bought a smiths 80mph

Comment

Working...
              X