Nice Grumph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Grumph

Seen at Wetton Mill in the Peak District this afternoon.

Grumph Roadster.

Nice bike!

I may be way off track here, but that sure reminds me of Don Heath's Triumph Greeves Roadster....it's been a fair old while since I last saw it, but it certainly looks familiar.....or certainly very similar, at least.

Brian.

Comment

What might have been!!

About as good as it gets. The standard factory look. Just what might have been if Triumph had sold engines directly. The Bantam/Super Cub tool box oil tank set up really sets this off.

Comment

A 500 Triumph in a 24DC frame. 1st registered January 1969 NCF 35G with frame number 24DCS1. So looks like it was re registered with new frame number.
        NCF is a West Suffolk mark, the S may be the builders initial
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/02/2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Grumph Roadster.

Spot on Phil.

Hey Ian, did you get to speak with the owner.....any further info mate?

Brian.

Comment

I have pictures of this machine in my archive. I will try and dig them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
              Spot on Phil.

Hey Ian, did you get to speak with the owner.....any further info mate?

Brian.

Afraid not, Brian, but got a shot of the front brake here - no problem stopping with that!

Comment

A 7" circa 1969 Triumph twin leading shoe hub

Comment

Wetton mill trigreeves

This was my old bike I owned for about ten years and sold 2 years ago. I found the riding position gave me leg cramp so passed it on .However it was an excellent bike . Currenty owned by a local VMCC member.

Comment

Don's old TriGreeves.....

Originally posted by Don Heath View Post
                    This was my old bike I owned for about ten years and sold 2 years ago. I found the riding position gave me leg cramp so passed it on .However it was an excellent bike . Currenty owned by a local VMCC member.
                    Hi Don,

Hope you and yours are keeping well mate.

I thought I recognised it.....certainly one of the nicest examples of the breed I've ever come across, a real cracker and just looks so 'right', as Phil commented.

Nice to see it again, thanks to Ian spotting it and posting these great pics.

Nice to hear from you Don, and all the best.

Brian.
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/03/2017, 01:38 AM. Reason: Additional words.

Comment

Working...
                    X